[Rejected] Avoid Music halt on codec error (1 Viewer)

Scandermore

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2

Hi!

If you are playing music, and there's an error with a song (for example, you have deleted the file), a message appears and you have to press OK to continue. This is VERY annoying if you are using your HTPC as a music player.

With this patch, the message appears only for a second, and then the music continues... I think this improves the music usability of MP, because many users of MP want to use it with the TV off, and having to turn it on when an "minor" error occurs, is very disappointing.

Thanx

Alex

Attachments

• CodecMessage.patch
      30.6 KB

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Another idea is to install the relevant codec and give the user the option to see the error longer so they know they know they have to install the codec.

Just my 2 pence.

Scandermore

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I agree that maybe 1 sec is too short. I made the patch because sometimes, when I rename or delete a music file, the playlist gets stuck, so I know it was not problem of the code (though the message is a "bad codec" type). This time can be changed easily, as the patch is very simple. The important thing, for me, is that the error should not block the music play.

aLeX

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I've rejecected the patch, since we want to have the Popup Dialog for missing Codecs, when playing Video.

When i've implemeted your SavePlayList plugin, i make sure now that files exist, when loading a playlist.
    If a file pointed to by a playlist is missing / renamed, then i will not add it to th playlist when it gets loaded.

so there's no need for your patch anymore.
    Music should run smoothly, even when a file doesn't exist.

Scandermore

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    OK. No problem.

I thought that the music didn't continue playing if the OK message appeared (my music stopped playing because it was a CD, and there were no other songs on the list. Sorry for my mistake.

Thank you!

aLeX

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom