AVR Doesn't Control TV Speaker Volume (Noob Question)

Discussion in 'OffTopic' started by odysseus, July 7, 2013.

1. odysseus

odysseus Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    Hello, while I'm not at all an HTPC noob, I am when comes to AVRs. I've not had the money most of my life that would allow me to get these and speakers on top of buying HTPC stuff. Now I do, and I bought a Sony STR-DH540 yesterday, which I've seen very well reviewed as a nice entry level AVR. I'm going to buy the Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers next month, so this month I'll have to make do with the TV speakers.

On to my question. No matter what changes I make, the AVR is not controlling the volume of the TV speakers, only the TV is doing that. Is that the way it's supposed to be? I think it is, but I just want to be sure. I get the sense that when you use TV speakers the AVR just passes the sound through the HDMI for the TV to control. The AVR does control the volume of the headphones I've connected. Thanks in advance for any help given to this noob question.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!