[B]"TV On" problem "Unable to start timeshifting. No free card available" [/B] (1 Viewer)

GeorgeVC

Portal Member
January 5, 2009
Home Country
I think I'm gradually getting the hang of Forum posting. I thought I had to suffer an actual crash before I could generate a log file, but it seems not - I hope I've attached one here.

Problem: When I click on "TV On" I get the error message "Unable to start timeshifting. No free card available". This is a new thing - the system has been behaving itself fairly well up to now. As far as I can tell, both channels of my Fusion card are working properly and I don't even have timeshifting enabled in the Fusion application.
I can't get into TV Server Configuration either, I get the message "unable to connect to fe80: etc. etc."
I've checked previous similar postings but they don't seem to apply to my case.
Many thanks.

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
Someone else might be of more assistance but for now check that the tv service is not firewalled. If that doesn't help, you could try to remember when it stopped working and what has changed in your configuration since.

jan_o

February 6, 2009
Happens to me as well

I have the same issue. In about 20% of time I get the "no free card available" message when starting TV for the first time since the last reboot. In my case, this can be always resolved either by a reboot, or by killing the tvserver service and starting it again (e.g. by starting TVServer configuration). This has been happening at least since autumn.

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Did you fiddle with the Server streaming address setting in the TV server config?

That unable to connect fe80..... sounds like the server is set to stream on an invalid setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom