Babyphone on i.e. composite with picture in picture on TV (1 Viewer)

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
Maybe a bad idea, but if it would be possible, a really nice feature. I have a babyphone with camera and a cable to plug it in TV. If I had a picture in picture in TV (as big as the preview) I could plug it in and see my boy while watching TV. A button to make it fullscreen or end it should also be built in.

Maybe others have cameras outside, or webcams in another room, so they also could watch them.

Good idea? Bad idea?

A

Anonymous

myKids plugin ?

I had this idea then found your post. Talk about women acceptance factor, here ;)
Idea: a myKids plugin, can override the default homepage of MP (or lock to be the unique interface of the system until a parent unlocks it).
Something like 3 large buttons:
- KidTV : starts TV according to a "playlist" : a preselected channel that may change according to the hour and the day. Perhaps you want to allow your kids to watch some programs, on selected channels, and not all day long.
- Videos : a *few* videos picked by the parents among the video database.
- Phone : some automated way to talk to -view- mom or dad. Sort of Mama's idea in reverse.

When hit, the buttons open a page for selection if needed, always simple:
- kidstv: no page
- videos: 5 large icons of covers to choose from
- Phone: "Mom" and "Dad"
Timeout to go back to homepage.

When the intermediary page, if any, is hit, the feature starts fullscreen. A hit shuts it off and returns to homepage.

Possibly the web interface to MP that is currently developed could be put to use here. Perhaps to remote control what's available, or to start talking with the kids ?

Ok. I am no developer and I have no kids to test the concept :).
Feel free to steal the idea if you like it.

A

Anonymous

Re: Babyphone on i.e. composite with picture in picture on T

mama said:
Maybe a bad idea, but if it would be possible, a really nice feature. I have a babyphone with camera and a cable to plug it in TV. If I had a picture in picture in TV (as big as the preview) I could plug it in and see my boy while watching TV. A button to make it fullscreen or end it should also be built in.

Maybe others have cameras outside, or webcams in another room, so they also could watch them.

Good idea? Bad idea?

I think you are on to something really unique and it is a really good idea. Everyone with small kids know that you kind of listening to the movie with one ear and the other is focused on the baby. If you would be able to see him/her on the tv you should be able to relax more. I love this idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom