background art and Icons (1 Viewer)

Rbentley100

Portal Pro
December 6, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi.

I have just downloaded the myemulators plugin for mediaportal and have added a bunch of emulators and roms. Functionally these work fine as far as I have tested so far.

However at the moment everything is very bland. I was hoping to be able to add icons and a background image for each emulator. At the moment I just have the image of a game controller.

Also, the game database, I tried automatically retrieving data for each game, yet it incorrectly retried info most of the time. (e.g. sonic 3 & knuckles it just retrieved sonic and knuckle data. Which database does this reference so I can name my roms correctly?

Also is there any way to manually override the data it retrieves?

Thirdly, At the moment all my emulators open in a window, is there any way to open this fullscreen automatically?

Finally, I use a logitech harmony one remote, I was wondering if it possible for me to configure it, so if I press 'exit' it will quit the emulator?

Thanks in advance

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi

You can add emulator artwork from within the config by dragging n dropping an image onto to Icon/Fanart panels in the emulator edit screen (the same can be done for games).

The game data is currently retrieved from mobygames.com, the matches are selected by matching your title against the online title so they need to be similar - the platform is matched by matching the emulator title against mobygames's list of platforms so ideally your emulators should be named as they appear on the site (e.g. SNES and not Super Nintendo).

You can manually search for info by clicking the 'O' button next to the rom in the games database view within the config, you can also manually edit the data and select alternate thumbs from this screen.

Starting in fulllscreen either requires starting the emulator with the appropriate arguments or changing a setting within the emulator itself,
    e.g for ePSXe set the arguments to
    Code:
    -nogui -loadbin
    A good list of recommended settings for most emulators is here.

I don't have the Harmony remote so can't help there but I think it might be possible, the plugin has an option to map a key to stop emulation however there is currently a bug where the emulator probably won't save it's state - this is fixed in the next version.

Rbentley100

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2011
    Home Country
    perfect thank you :) I will give that all a try tonight

However I had tried dragging images into the fanart section of the emulator and I just got the circle with a line through it symbol implying I couldn't drop it there :(

Also I tried configuring stop emulation to be the exit button (the setting picked up the button just fine) However pressing it does nothing when running an emulation. I will try again tonight with a normal keyboard button

I will have a further play tonight

Thanks again

Rbentley100

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi

You can add emulator artwork from within the config by dragging n dropping an image onto to Icon/Fanart panels in the emulator edit screen (the same can be done for games).

Hi,

I have got everything working now thanks :) except the above. Dragging and dropping images onto the emulator screen doesn't seem to work. For Games I use the search tool and then can drag and drop images from the left to the right ontop the relevant section.

For emulators I am trying to drag and drop images from my pictures folder in windows and it wont accept them. I cant see any way on the edit emulator screen to import the images. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance again :)

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

You can also copy the emulator pics to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\emulators\[EMULATOR NAME]
    You have to name the pics Logo.png or Logo.jpg

/Jimmy

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    What format are the images you're trying to drag n drop? There isn't currently any way to 'import' the images but you can manually put the images in the correct folder like jimmyo says.

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi is there a way to cycle through a number of images fro the emulators for by dropping a number of images into the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Emulators 2\Emulators\0 directory it would cycle through them?

Cheers and thanks for a great plugin - very cool

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Not currently, but I'll definitely look into it for the next release

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom