BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal (2 Viewers)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Xavier,
sorry, i am not planning to do that. Unattended import is too risky for the average user and i do not have any spare time for new features right now. You could write your own backup scripts and copy complete program data folders and the mp sql data base.

Koenig

Portal Member
December 14, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I can't get this to install on the latest MediaPortal 1.10.0, only the client side.

It says it install but it never shows up in "plugins".

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You need to scroll down the plugin list completely as it's sorted on "Other plugins"
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Koenig

Portal Member
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi.
    You need to scroll down the plugin list completely as it's sorted on "Other plugins"
    View attachment 160905

Already knew that, it is just not there.

And opening the mediaportal installation-folder looking in the plugins it not there either, it is like it just don't installs at all.

I can find the installation-folder under "program files\team-mediaportal\mediaportal\installer\backupsettings"

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here it is installing and working, as you can see (screenshot is V1.10) So I don't know what else could be wrong....

Koenig

Portal Member
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Here it is installing and working, as you can see (screenshot is V1.10) So I don't know what else could be wrong....

Me neither...

Is there possibly a way to do the installation manually from the "install" directory?
    Tried double-clicking "install" from there but absolutely nothing happened....

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Koenig, please post a screenshot of the install messages in the installer window. You can follow them manually and see what has or has not been installed.

Koenig

Portal Member
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Koenig, please post a screenshot of the install messages in the installer window. You can follow them manually and see what has or has not been installed.

Installer:

After clicking "Next" it goes back to the Extension Manager.

This is how it looks when I scroll to the bottom of plugins:

Gilean

Portal Member
    January 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    First I want to thank OP for this great plugin! I had this experience of my Windows boot drive (SSD) dying suddenly, and although I didn't lose any media (they are stored on separate drive), I did lose all my Mediaportal settings. It took me several months to get everything working smoothly again, because I did not have any MP backups back then. Now I am prepared if the worst happens again :)

But I wonder if it was possible to add some kind of backup compression to this plugin? So that every time a new backup is made, it is also compressed to a single zip file for example. Because that way it would be easier to back up those files forward to NAS drive, for example (that's what I am doing).

Now although I don't have but 2 backup sets stored, my NAS backupping software scans all those files where BackupSettings has placed them, and there is over 60 000 files, so the scanning process takes a while.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Koenig,
    it looks like you are not getting the installer program started. Try to download the zip file from the first post, unzip and run install.exe.

Gilean, I do not have time right now for any changes, but you can do that in scripts. Check the manual about the script names, which are called before and after a backup operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom