MPEG2 Audio Codec: NA
Satelite/CableTV Provider: NA
HTPC Case: HP Compaq DC7600 SFF
Cooling: HP Compaq DC7600 SFF
Power Supply: HP Compaq DC7600 SFF
Remote: Standard Windows Keyboard
TV: Samsung LE27T51B
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Since i started to use svn's i'm having a few problems with the Bassplayer.

1st, While skipping music (mp3's) with F8 (next track) the player starts to skip nicely to the next song. But at random times while skipping ... 3th track or the 15th it really doesn't matter the player hangs and the only way i'm getting out of it is to terminate MP completely with CTRL-ALT-DEL, and terminate the MP process.
After that (without rebooting) i can enter MP again and start playing music again.

While playing music in the normal way (without skipping, just let the playlist go) there seems to be no problems.

2nd Crossfading between songs can't be turned on or off...it is always there.

3d While skipping a playlist manually, crossfading (fade in / fade out) is only done between the first and the second song. All next songs abruptly end at the fade out moment (4secs or so) and skips to the next song which does fade in correct. this happens at every point in the song (manual skip at 10 secs for example or regular at the normal end)

I tried everything with the Buffer and the Crossfade timer sliders (setting to zero, to max and in between)...nothing helps

The Internal Dplayer is having no problems at all (ofcourse there is no crossfading in the dplayer and 5.1/7.1 upmixing is not there as well)

I have my logs attached, I hope the cause can be found :) i'm really loving the bassplayer and the crossfade/5.1 upmix features :)

Goodluck

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    not too much in the logs.

please try with the "5.1 upmix feature" disabled and tell me, if you still have the problems.
    i'll try to reporduce the problem on my side

inverbon

Portal Member
    January 26, 2007
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's it Hwahrmann! ... i guess i never tested it without because that's a feature i wouldn't want to go :)

But yes...with 5.1 upmixing disabled the problems dissapear, fade-in fade-out works as its supposed to work, and it's stable again.

So...ehm...i hope you can find the darn thing with the upmixing then. If there is anything i can do to test on my side please let me know.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    If I am not completely wrong this is the same issue I had and hwahrmann and rtv fixed it. It was a problem with the audioscrobbler plugin. For me it is fixed with the latest SVN. So try and let us know if it works for you now.

Regards,

Paloema

inverbon

Portal Member
    January 26, 2007
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thank you for you tip Paloema, But to no avail...first of all i have Scrobbler disabled at all times (don't see the point of that pluggin yet). I have installed the latest 12995 svn this morning to check it out anyway...and with 5.1 and 7.1 upmixing enabled the crossfading error and instability keeps coming back....bummer :)

anyway thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom