Batch Deletion of RGAD Frame (1 Viewer)

I

Iggy64

Hello,

I am brand new to this forum. I don't see where to register, so I am trying to post an inquiry without registering. I don't know if this will work, but here goes:

I have about 3,000 music tracks that I tagged several years ago, using MediaMonkey at the start, and then Mp3tag later on. I have just discovered that hundreds of my tags contain data in the RGAD frame, apparently put there by MediaMonkey (which feeds that field from its "Leveling" field). I did not enter this data intentionally, and I would like to remove it.

I have searched high and low for a tagger that reads the RGAD frame, and came upon mptagthat. I downloaded it this week and have started playing with it. I have yet to figure out how to:

1) Load an entire folder of tracks into mptagthat, including the tracks in subfolders. Is there a way to do that?

2) How to batch delete the RGAD frame.

Can anyone help me with this???

Please forgive me if the answers seem obvious or trivial, or if they have been asked and answered elsewhere. I have been struggling with these tags for five days now, and I am nearly ready to simply cave in and give up. I am hoping a Good Samaritan will help me out.

(And yes, I ought to be somehow able to use MediaMonkey to remove the frame, but I reinstalled MediaMonkey (which I have not used for years) and could not find how to access that frame/field. The MediaMonkey forum is down for service. So no luck there.)

I

Iggy64

Perhaps my questions have become moot. I thought I'd launch mptagthat again and give it another try on my own. For whatever reason, it will not launch today. When I double click mptagthat.exe, I immediately get the error message "MPTagThat has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The installed version is the latest version. I am running Win XP SP3. mptagthat ran fine yesterday. Today, no dice.

I don't remember ever trying to fix a music file issue and running into so many obstacles, one after the other.

Anyway, until I figure out how to get the program running again (I'll try a re-install), I can hope that someone is able to answer all or part of my original post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom