BBC iPlayer Crash (1 Viewer)

PhilUK

Portal Member
March 27, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having a problem with the BBC iPlayer links in this plugin whereby it will buffer the stream all the way to 2% then Mediaportal will crash immediately without playing the file and I have to close the program (using Windows 7 dialog box).

I have had iPlayer working through this plugin in the past (maybe 2 versions ago) but maybe something has changed...

I have attached Mediaportal.log and evr.log which both were modified (by MP) during the crash. I have had a look myself but cannot seem to find anything that stands out which would be causing the crash.

Maybe it is a codec issue though like I said I have has it working previously. I installed FLV splitter during the 0.28 update just to ensure it was installed.

Hoping for a solution!

Cheers
Phil

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The log confirms that buffering is fine, it must be some codec crashing MP, unfortunately no info which in the log.

PhilUK

Portal Member
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've been using CCCP so far but now uninstalling and going with SAFv4 as recommended, will post back whether any change in behaviour.

Thanks for the rapid reply offbyone and thanks for the plugin, it is immense!

Cheers
    Phil

Right its all working now. Is there any way to enable seeking through the flv streams provided by iplayer?

Cheers and sorry for the mostly unnecessary post. Just wanted to make sure it was a codec issue and not something else!

Phil

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seeking works only into the already buffered parts (Orange in the Blue3Wide OSD) and if you have a duration in the OSD (should be if using the FLV splitter that comes with OnlineVideos or SAF5).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom