Beginner with Windows 10 trying to use MP1 with Hauppauge HD Dual ATSC/QAM TV Tuner, for OTA Channels. (1 Viewer)

showmedia

Portal Member
August 24, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
After I managed to install basic components for the MP1, I had problems getting the main viewing screen to open, without going to (tv server) section for (preview) of channel selection with a view screen. Do I have to download & install a (skin) for a tv viewing screen, on the PC at (tv setup)?
Which (plugin) is recommended during tv setup for the PC?

Attachments

• TV-Server Configuration Tool.PNG
    TV-Server Configuration Tool.PNG
    138.6 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you been able to scan for TV channels using MP TV Server Config. program, see first screenshot below? You do not need to install a skin for TV, the basic set up should include 3 different ones each can be selected via "Settings" in the home screen, see 2nd screenshot below. Please check out the TV setup in the wiki here.
    scan.jpgsettings.jpg

showmedia

Portal Member
    August 24, 2021
    Home Country
    Have you been able to scan for TV channels using MP TV Server Config. program, see first screenshot below? You do not need to install a skin for TV, the basic set up should include 3 different ones each can be selected via "Settings" in the home screen, see 2nd screenshot below. Please check out the TV setup in the wiki here.
    View attachment 209191View attachment 209192
    Reply: I was able to scan for channels with the TV Tuner for MP1, that also has a media center for OTA channels.
    The EPG data base of the Hauppauge HD Duel Tuner, has a good scan of TV channels for recording also.
    The (Radio Setup) is also why I decided to try MP1, as a backup like the Windows Media Center I used to use, that's now not supported.

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Exactly what happens when you run Media Portal and select TV from the home screen as shown in the attached screenshot (showing the "Default Wide HD" skin?

home.jpg

showmedia

Portal Member
    August 24, 2021
    Home Country
    Exactly what happens when you run Media Portal and select TV from the home screen as shown in the attached screenshot (showing the "Default Wide HD" skin?

View attachment 209193
    The United States version of MP1 does not have this configure shown.
    It's where I started to have problems opening a view screen to watch OTA TV channels.
    Home screen attachment: 8/24/21 -8:08 PM -EST.

Attachments

• MP1-Home Screen.PNG
      MP1-Home Screen.PNG
      724.6 KB
    Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The screenshot you attached is of the MP website!?? If you have downloaded and installed MP1 you should have an icon somewhere on your Windows desktop or Start screen as shown in the screenshots below, what happens when you start (double click/click) on this icon?

start.jpg start2.jpg

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    The United States version of MP1 does not have this configure shown.
    It's where I started to have problems opening a view screen to watch OTA TV channels.
    Home screen attachment: 8/24/21 -8:08 PM -EST.
    I see only site printscreen. You need to run Mediaportal.exe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom