Belkin VideoBus - Isn't recognized as a capture card (1 Viewer)

mukiex

April 18, 2007
Home Country
I have a Belkin VideoBus USB capture card. It can be opened in media player classic as a device, so it's functional. However, it's not a tuner card; it gets the video signal straight from the cable box and has no ability to change the channels on its own.

Is it possible for this card to work with Media Portal? Is there a setting or plugin I missed?

Thanks in advance =3

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No it's not a wise choice.
    You're better getting a PVR card with hardware encoding. i.e. Hauppauge PVR-150MCE as an example.
    There are plenty of USB hardware encoding varinats also.

DMAN

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    When I performed a search at Belkins website. I could only find the USB VideoBus for Mac (the link on their webpage goes to an upgraded product which doesn't exist). Is there a PC version? http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=21021

Like DMAN - I would suggest a product that allows tuning. Otherwise why use MediaPortal with this product if you are only wanting a video feed without the ability to change channels?

mukiex

April 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Well, it'd be nice to just open the feed in mediaportal rather than toggle through tv/video.

There's a mac version, and it can capture in stuff like Premiere. Basically anything that can access windows camera feed capture can use it.

Like I said, it's not terribly important =3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom