Best DVB-S2 card? (1 Viewer)

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
June 27, 2008
Geneva, Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Looks like my Technnisat SkyStar HD2 is bricked, so I'm in the market for a replacement. I also have a Hauppauge Win TV card which is still working fine. In fact, this is my main card, but I need to SkyStar's CI slot to decrypt SwissTV.

So, I could either buy a single feed card with CI, or a double feed with CI slot (only single CI slot needed). A combined card (sat and CI on one card) is nice as it frees up PCI slots. Budget isn't a concern, but quick switching times are desirable. Are there differences between card types for reception sensitivity? My system is on the edge of a reliable sat signal.

What would the community recommend as a replacement?

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The DigitalDevices cards are very good and well supported by MP1/2
    You can connect up to 8 tuners or CI modules if I remember right.

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks, Osre.

I looked into these, they are highly recommended. The pro series (check link here) seems like a good deal but it is not listed in the compatibility list for MP. Would it work?

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The compatibility is mostly a driver thing. I would guess yes, but I cant say for 100%
    I have a Cine S2 V5.5. The actual one is V6.5.
    It is extensible by up to 6 additional tuner or CI modules (even mixed).
    So without looking at the specs II don't see the advantage of the one you linked.

Edit: Just saw there is already aV7 available.
    And of course if you want 2 tuner and 2x CI, then the one you linked is cheaper.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I only have 2 KncOne S2 in my old HTPC (my current MP2 test Server) and a DD Cine S2 V5.5 (Productive system with WMC) in my new one.
    My future server will get an DD Cine S2 with 4 tuner, and I don't need any CI slots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom