Best PC -> LCD TV connection?? (1 Viewer)

cosmos

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi all,
    i read many threads about dvi/hdmi, vga/vga, etc. but i am not sure what solution will be the best quality. Please can anybody tell me what will be the best solution now?

+ dvi out -> hdmi in
    + s-video out -> s-video in
    + vga out -> vga in
    + etc.

Thanks for your recommends ...

cosmos

NeoLuddite

Portal Member
    September 6, 2006
    Boston, Massachusetts
    I found that received my best quality picture with a DVI to DVI, and HDMI source is even better quality then DVI but i dont know if there are many video cards with HDMI outputs. That being said if you can go DVI to HDMI you will reveive much better quality then VGA or Composite or SVideo.

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    AFAIK, DVI and HDMI are pretty much the same, but HDMI can carry sound as well (maybe I'm wrong on this).. But using LCD with native resolution just makes you think - DVI, since this is a digital interface designed for LCD monitors to address each pixel.. I use DVI -> DVI in my setup, but cannot get native resolution with my AVI Radeon Pro 9600 :(

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I use DVI -> DVI in my setup, but cannot get native resolution with my AVI Radeon Pro 9600 :(

What's the native resolution of your display?

1366x768 - I think this is more or less standard native resolution for a wide set of LCD TVs.. Mine is 32". And I tried a lot of different ways to set up native resolution and nothing.. Even tried some software that allows you to build custom INF files for a monitor to force video adapter to use other resolutions, but this didn't work that well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom