Best player (1 Viewer)

NicoTS74

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    DXVA is enabled if the codec supports it. Depending on codec, you might need to enable it. Using plain MS codec, there is no need for it, but with others, ie CyberLink, you should check confic -> codecs to see what settings are used.

Subs can be loaded automatically - see config. Subs does not break DXVA in MP.

Thank you.

So what can you recommend to play MKV files with the internal player? What codec packs?

I didn´t find any "DVXA + codec guide" in the forums.

I need to load and configure external SRT subtitles as well (font and size).

Thank you again!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm a bit of a fan of the LAVF splitter which does play my mkv's and other files nicely, and as hoborg's unlocked SAF6 uses this, then you might like to give that a try, don't forget to PM him to get the key.

Regards

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Best player

Hello.
    How did you got Lavf to work? I've tested it on a clean install, just with PDVD11 Codecs. Makes lots of droped frames (2 each second, way too much), no matter what kind of Video I'm playing (Avi, MKV, Mpeg2, Mpeg4,...). Simply installing "ole buggy Haalli" and all went OK. No dropped Frames any more. I would love to switch to a moderner Splitter but if it didn't work, what can I do?

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I like the internal player aswell. But if Mirillis' Splash player had support for DVD-playback I'd probably use that instead to avoid having to mess around with codecs.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Lehmden

How did you got Lavf to work? I've tested it on a clean install, just with PDVD11 Codecs. Makes lots of droped frames (2 each second,

Just guessed your a ATI gpu user and your specs confirmed it, sadly why there seems to be a problem for you and a few other ATI owners with lavf is unknown to me, but not installing the CCC, only gpu drivers worked for many people with stuttering video, is this still a recommended solution for ATI owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom