best remote 4 antec fusion case (1 Viewer)

simon169

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2005
    I am going to get the black Antec Fusion case with the LCD display. What I would like to know is which is the best/easiest remote to get to work with the inbuilt IR. I definately want to use the inbuilt IR and not have to add another.

1. A Genuine M$ MCE remote
    2. A logitec harmony 555 or similar
    3. Would this http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=627096 MCE clone work ???
    4. the imon remote

The harmony remote is a bit pricey for me and I would prefer a cheaper option, but I am willing to get one if it is the best solution.

Thanks

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I've played around with the Fusion case, and I think the IR-reciever is poor since it maps remote signals as keystrokes.

Even so:
    1 and 2 work OK with the case (Harmony mapped as MCE) - 3 probably the same?
    4 Should work OK - since you will use iMon software.

bigflause

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I got the hauppage MCE external remote as the ir receiver in the fusion is rubish. be prepared to be dissapointed as it doesn't regonise most keystroke. I had to download the latest drivers for it and disable the ir proccessing. hauppage one works great with mp. i'm delighted with it and it was only €20

sugarfree

Portal Member
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I have ANtec Fusion Black + Microsoft remote + latest iMon software for LCD display + Vista 32-bit but seems Mediaportal do not recognize my remote as it should. I use internal IR-receiver of Antec LCD, not dedicated M$ receiver.
    i`ve checked box "use microsoft remote or keyboard" in MP remote config but do not receive any functionality which is shown in key mappings. Can anyone hint me what to do? (direction buttons and OK button work in MP)

bigflause

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I tried to use just the imon Ir with my remote but you won't get a lot of functionality in mp. like the back key doesn't work and the numbers, etc. the only thing you can do is map them. I just disable the Ir receiver on the case and use the usb one I got from hauppage. that works perfect with mp

sugarfree

Portal Member
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    How did you manage to disable only IR receiver but not LCD at all?
    And maybe anyone have other solutions?

sugarfree

Portal Member
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    thanks, but the only way to get LCD functional in Mediaportal is to replace native driver with one from imon. Maybe someone knows other solution?

bigflause

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    if you install the antec ones, disable the ir, the update to the ones it advised you to download when you install it. which are the imon ones it keeps the config from the antec drivers and the ir is still disabled.

wsxws

Portal Member
    September 27, 2007
    if you are looking for a remote on infrared-basis the logtech should always be your first choice.

i use the smallest of that series (525) and its simply fantastic, it just can do whatever you want it to do.
    (and yes it also can perfectly replace an mce, i use it with mediaportal and the inbuild ir-reciever of a msi media live barebone)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom