best tv-capture card for s-video (1 Viewer)

HDnewt

Portal Pro
October 31, 2007
Dresden
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

i m searching for a new composite/s-video capture card (PAL), which I would like to use in MediaPortal. I want to use my old VHS VCR with MediaPortal, but sometimes I would like to play some games with a Nintento SNES or a PlayStation 1. My display doesn't have any analoge inputs, so I would not have to buy other hardware like a s-video to hdmi converter and would be able to capture some games.The second point is not that important, it would be a nice feature, but therefore it would need to have a very low latency. It was possible to play console games via my Hauppauge WinTV Theater 10 years ago, but it was a soft PVR card and has no 64bit drivers.
I used a Hauppauge WinTV PVR250 for analoge capturing in the last years. My new PC runs with Windows 7 64bit and has 12GB of RAM. The Hauppauge drivers for older cards don't work on systems with more than 4GB system memory. So I can't use my old card in my new pc.

Is there any affordable device which works with MediaPortal on modern systems? Any advice would be great.

Thank you,
hdnewt

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Analog capture cards (&mp) introduce a lot of lag, so playing games through them will be no fun

How about emulators & myEmulator plugin?

HDnewt

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Dresden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, i thought so, but why did it work 10 yeaes ago with WinTV? As I said, it is not so important. How about the Hauppauge HVR 1300 für analoge capturing? Does this card work with Windows 7 64bit and 12GB System Memory ?

Emulators are nice, but I like the retro feeling of the original controlers. So I think the best way would be a s-video to hdmi converter and a s-video splitter for capturing with the computer while playing via the converter.

hdnewt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom