Best way to migrate OS HDD -> SSD without reinstall? (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I used EaseUsTodo backup to clone my running (!) win7 system to a smaller SSD. It took also care about partition alignment. Its a free prog and I was really impressed!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I did read about shrinking the partition as a solution but as this was my working system drive I was reluctant to mess with it incase it broke lol.

I does seem strange MS hasn't implemented restoring to smaller drives. Especially in their server product. What with SSD's becoming popular and their relatively small size against what were very cheap large HDD. Maybe in the next version of windows.

I'm still a bit concerned about the sustained write speed of my drive though, I don't see an improvement. Is there software which can benchmark it?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I used EaseUsTodo backup to clone my running (!) win7 system to a smaller SSD. It took also care about partition alignment. Its a free prog and I was really impressed!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Me too, nice easy software to use and of course free, their Partition Master beats the M$ utility hands down as well :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom