Better movie stacking (1 Viewer)

Skrot

February 9, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Started on: 2007-02-09
Last update: 2007-02-09

Summary:

Currently, MP can only stack movies ending with -CDX. It would be nice if MP supported more alternatives for stacking, or even allowing users to configure which regexps should be used to do it.

Description:

I haven't had a good look at the code, nor have I any experience with .NET, but the following regexp would stack movies containing the disc number anywhere in the filename:

(.*)((CD|DISC|cd|disc|Cd|Disc)[123])(.*)\.([^\.]*)$

Match 1 is everything before the disc number
Match 2 is the disc number
Match 3 is everything after the disc number, except the extension
Match 4 is the extension

If 1,3 and 4 is the same, but 3 is different, one would stack.

Ynot

Portal Member
August 15, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
not a regex guru by any means, but this may be better

^([\w\s]+?)\W?(cd|disc|disk|part)\W?([0-9][0-9]*)\.(avi|wmv|mkv|ogm|mp4)$

NightOwl69

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
I would really appreciate it if stacking could be configured much like it is in the XBMC where the end user can simply specify the regexp to use for stacking.

I have a folder for each of my movies and that folder often contains trailers, teasers, dvd extras, etc and I would really like to stack them all into the one file. This means I see multiple entries for the one movie instead of just one entry which holds all the files.

Are there any plans to include this capability in a subsequent release of MP1 or MP2?

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
Is the current stacking configuration documented anywhere? I searched and could not find where it was listed.

The Video database seems to be hit or miss...

mediortal

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
How exactly are videos stacked?

If I have a folder with 20 .avi/mkv shows, how must they be named to appear as one file that can be watched/resumed etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom