Better Winlirc support (2 Viewers)

htpcman

Portal Member
September 12, 2004
Frankfurt, Germany
Hi everyone,

Since the current implementation of winlirc support stopped working since 1.0.4 I would like to see improvement in this area. Perhaps the already existing two implementaions can somehow be merged together into a fully integrated solution. I am sure that many users would like full winlirc support just as much as I do because:

- It does not require a costly receiver and remote. The parts needed for reception cost less than 2€/$ and any availble remote with enough buttons can be used.

- Winlirc is very universal and can be used with other software as well ( I use it with ALT-DVB on the same system)

- It is Open Source just like MP. Not a proprietary solution

- The remote/code used can be changed easily if there is a conflict with existing Video or HiFi equipment.

So how about it? any skilled programmer out there with some spare time willing to jump in?

Still hoping...

htpcman

A

Anonymous

You got my vote on this too

I have to admit I was a bit confused at first when configuring MP because there is a page for WinLIRC under Remote, but I see now its just for transmitting. It would be nice to integrate receiving too.

M

Muli24

Hi,

i agree with the prior posters. My remote control is waiting for WinLirc ;) I know it from other projects (as Lirc ;) and have used it more than one time.
I have tried girder but that is not my thing. The 30-days testperiod (girder) is not long enough 4 me because i haven't so much time i need 4 all my wishes. So my HTPC is a long lasting building site like other things too... :(

Greets
Muli24

htpcNoob

Portal Pro
January 23, 2005
I know the WInLIRC plugin was in the works and then stopped. Can I get the source code? I'd like to try my hands on getting it working again

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Sure, you can get it from Sourceforge, of course. Sources and the old plugin can be downloaded there.

SpaceProtector

Portal Member
November 30, 2004
I followed the link you wrote in the last post, but on the sourceforge page it says: "No Files Currently Attached" I can't find the files of rev 0.0.3 Can you point me to them please?
Best

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
Yes. I had tried to upload them and Sourceforge said there were duplicate files. I will try again tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom