Big problems setting up (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
I've tried setting up MPextended and Ampdroid v1.1.3 on my Galaxy S2 but am having issues establishing a connection to the service.

I have tried setting up my ampdroid and extended on port 554 for all media and have set the TV service IP address so that it matches my TVserver settings.

I also set my inbound firewall settings to listen on port 554 and i can now establish a connection on Ampdroid remote (the light turns green in homescreen) but it doesn't have any effect on MP at all, and when I try and access any media (tv, films etc) I get a message saying 'no connection to service'.

Am I doing something wrong, and why can I establish a connection in remote control, but not to any of my media?

Thanks in advance.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You need two different services, on two different ports. For the remote control part, WifiRemote is used (by default on port 8017). For the media, MPExtended is used (by default on port 4322). You'll have to configure them both to a different port and set the correct firewall settings for them.

Also, if you're using the TV Server on the same machine, I suggest to don't use port 554. Port 554 is used by the RTSP protocol, which the TV server uses in multiseat setups. The port might already be claimed by the TvService, so that WifiRemote and/or MPExtended can't use it.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Ok, quick update on this, ive managed to get it all working now using port 4322 and i can stream all my movies, tv series and tv recordings. Im still having 3 main issues now though...

- I can only access my music in an 'Artists' view, and not a folders or albums view. Is this possible?

- I cant quite get TV working properly. I get the TV Server screen with EPG, Channels, Schedules etc listed, but when i try to open EPG i get a blank screen, and when i try clicking on Channels it just doesnt get past the 'Loading Channels' popup. My TV server IP addresses match in setup, though my port numbers dont. When i match ampdroidport number to the TV server one (554), i dont get any connection to TV at all (no EPG, Channels screen etc).

- I cant get any connection whatsoever outside of my LAN. If i switch to 3G on my phone i cannt connect to service. Is this normal? I thought that id be able to access my server remotely?

Thanks again for any help. :)

Last edited:

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok, quick update on this, ive managed to get it all working now using port 4322 and i can stream all my movies, tv series and tv recordings. Im still having 3 main issues now though...

- I can only access my music in an 'Artists' view, and not a folders or albums view. Is this possible?
    Yes you should have a dropdown where you can select "Albums" or "Shares" view...

- I cant quite get TV working properly. I get the TV Server screen with EPG, Channels, Schedules etc listed, but when i try to open EPG i get a blank screen, and when i try clicking on Channels it just doesnt get past the 'Loading Channels' popup. My TV server IP addresses match in setup, though my port numbers dont. When i match ampdroidport number to the TV server one (554), i dont get any connection to TV at all (no EPG, Channels screen etc).
    Port 554 is used by the tvserver rtsp streaming protocol, not MPExtended (by default).

- I cant get any connection whatsoever outside of my LAN. If i switch to 3G on my phone i cannt connect to service. Is this normal? I thought that id be able to access my server remotely?

Thanks again for any help. :)
    Did you forward the necessary ports on your router?

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Port 554 is used by the tvserver rtsp streaming protocol, not MPExtended (by default).

OK, any idea why i cant get a connection to TV when using port 4322 over LAN then?

Youre right, i havent set up port forwarding on my router yet. I was just looking into this funnily enough. Im going to forward port 4322 to and from the external IP address on my router and then use a no-ip account to track any changes in my IP that my ISP makes. Does that sound correct?

Thanks again.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

OK, any idea why i cant get a connection to TV when using port 4322 over LAN then?

Youre right, i havent set up port forwarding on my router yet. I was just looking into this funnily enough. Im going to forward port 4322 to and from the external IP address on my router and then use a no-ip account to track any changes in my IP that my ISP makes. Does that sound correct?

Thanks again.
    I assume that you have a dedicated tvserver? Did you install MPExtended on your tvserver? Try to deactivate the firewall on that machine...

Fyi if you have your tvserver and media on different machines it's gonna be a bit more complicated to setup the port forwarding. You need different ports then for one of the MPExtended installs (since your router can only forward 4322 to one machine).

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    I have my TVserver and media on a machine which also has a client MP install on it (this machine is used as our main living room htpc). TV and media is then shared to other clients around the house over LAN (a couple of laptops with client installs on them).

I only want to access that one server machine from outside my LAN so there wont be an issue with port clashes or anything like that.

Yes MPExtended Service is installed on my TVserver/Media machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom