Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all

This is a quote from steel over at the doom9 forum

Today is Bill Gates’ last day at Microsoft and typically we would not care that much if a company founder goes into early retirement. But whether we like it or not, there is no denying that Bill Gates has achieved what many of us dream to achieve - to touch as many lives as possible and make your time count. While the modern tech industry loses one of its pioneers I am glad that Bill will not simply disappear, but has decided to make room for new talent to evolve and dedicate his wealth and influence to charity.

Any thoughts on this, just keep the expletives to a minimal people ;)

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Can only agree!
    Like it or not, he and his company has been a big part of the modern society we have today.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Maybe the next guy at the top will make their software work properly!
    This can only be a good thing!!!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I must admit that I have also joked around about his name and software. But to be honest, one must take into account that they need to cater for 100's of different hardware manufacturer and 1000's of different hardware combinations in PCs. Overall, I think he did a great job. Yes it is easy to list problems, but as they say "hindsight is an exact science"...

On a lighter note again - see attachment :D

Attachments

• Toilet Paper.jpg
      Toilet Paper.jpg
      26.9 KB

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    While I have never been a huge fan of Windows and the way it became the giant it is nowadays, I have to admit that Bill gates has probably done more for charity and made more of an impact on underpriviledged people around the world than probably any other one person.
    He has done things that whole countries haven't been able to do.

I recommend that people check out what he as contributed to charity and to the people who say "Well he's so rich, of course he should", well they should work out what percentage of their income they donate to charity as well.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    While I have never been a huge fan of Windows and the way it became the giant it is nowadays, I have to admit that Bill gates has probably done more for charity and made more of an impact on underpriviledged people around the world than probably any other one person.
    He has done things that whole countries haven't been able to do.

I recommend that people check out what he as contributed to charity and to the people who say "Well he's so rich, of course he should", well they should work out what percentage of their income they donate to charity as well.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE !!

specially the last comment.

:)

tipstir

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Billy boy and me go way back, well he has the billions I don't... So who really cares if he goes or not...The company will continue without him... Enough said! let's move on folks...

TVTux

Portal Member
    June 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, Bill is one of the three big Computer personalities.
    Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Linus Torvald.

The first two are as crazy as the other regarding the person itself.

I have seen this movie about Steve and Bill (Pirates of the sillicon valley)and am fascinated how this two pirates made their way to the top.
    And I am sad how many ppl worked on the computer who dont get credits about their great work. :(
    (But I guess thats "normal" if you take a look on things like the Nobel Price etc. ....)
    Steve is a real guru imho and it wouldn't surprise me if he would go on politics one day :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom