Black screen when trying to watch (recorded) TV (1 Viewer)

NEW2THIS

June 17, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I maybe an idiot but i have everything up and running, and i let my Hauppage 150 card autofind my channels for the tv and while doing that everything comes up fine and i can see the channels as it auto adds them, however when i go to watch them it is just a black screen, also if i record the channel which shows a black screen it will actually record the show that is on anyone have any ideas as to why i cant watch them

thanks
The Rookie:D

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
buest guess would be a codec problem. It would be a good idea to have a look at the MP log files and see if you can see anything wrong. If you see nothing obviously wrong that you can fix, post the log files so we can all look at them.

NEW2THIS

June 17, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hey Muldini, its when im just flipping threw the channels not when im recording, i can watch my recordings no problem. Its the viewing whats on the channels that is the problem. It comes up just as a black screen. checked the codecs but its on the default not really sure if that needs to be changed

thanks

Rikl64

Portal Member
June 25, 2007
Home Country
Wales Wales
May be worth loading the .TS or .MPG file into something like projectX and checking the quality of the recording. I do get instances where there are no GOP sequence headers in recordings that just leaves you with blank video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom