BlackGold BGT3600 Picture & Audio breakup on Live TV in MediaPortal but NOT in 7WMC (2 Viewers)

EditBear

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2012
    Tunbridge Wells
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am having the video and audio freezes on a single seat - where the tuner is in the same computer as the graphics card used for viewing. Is the above UNC thread still relevent?

Forgive my ignorance, but are you saying I have a motherboard/PCIe problem - and MEDIAPORTAL is less able to cope with this than Windows Media Centre?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Your more likely to have a network problem, even on a singleseat setup, if you plan to keep it this way or maybe just for testing to see if it makes a difference, then try using the MSLoopback adapter, if not the unc paths in the above post link.

And no I don't think there is a pci-e problem, what we are trying to do is narrow down the differences between WMC and MP, network is the strong difference, any fluctuation in that will give a major problem, which could be seen as stuttering\breakup of video\audio

EditBear

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2012
    Tunbridge Wells
    Home Country
    I've tried the MSLoopback adaptor - but problems still persists. AV Freezes every few seconds making Live TV unwatchable. I have attached new logs if anyone can help please. I can watch movies from my network hard drive without any problem - so does that mean it is unlikely to be a LAN hardware fault?
    Another clue maybe is that I got an error message saying "Aero was turned off" when I first booted MP weeks ago - but I dont know how to check this?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Another clue maybe is that I got an error message saying "Aero was turned off" when I first booted MP weeks ago - but I dont know how to check this?

Aahh at last a clue, ok when in the desktop, mouse right click and select personalise, change to a non Aero theme, ie Windows 7 basic, once done, then change back to the Windows 7 theme, now has your problem gone away!!

EditBear

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2012
    Tunbridge Wells
    Home Country
    Unfortunately I did what you said and selected Windows 7 basic, then back to Windows 7 aero theme - but the freezing was as bad as ever. New logs attached if they can help.

EditBear

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2012
    Tunbridge Wells
    Home Country
    Thinking it might be a TV aerial problem, I unticked all the DVB-T tuners & did a scan on one of the DVB-S tuners. However the break-up was just as bad - so it cannot be a bad signal problem as the logs suggest - as my dish works fine on a sky box.
    I have played the temporary timeshift file back while recording from the timeshift buffer using VLC - and the breakup is seen on the VLC replay.
    Shall I replace my motherboard - even though the problem is only seen on Live TV and not in movie playback in MediaPortal or in Windows Media Centre TV?
    DVS-S logs attached this time.

EditBear

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2012
    Tunbridge Wells
    Home Country
    This is driving me mad! Has anyone any ideas what can be causing this?
    Watching HD or SD Live TV in Mediaportal the red line dips below the greena & yellow, the picture freezes and the HDMI sound glitches every few seconds.
    Watching movies from my NAS is fine - so it cant be a processor, bios or LAN problem?
    If it is hardware fault - it can only be the motherboard PCIe bus??
    Has anyone heard of problems with the Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H ??

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    In tvserver config\channels can you tune a channel using the preview button (select chanel by clicking on it then hit the preview button), what is the picture quality like then, if still bad, go to tv card edit button and try changing type from generic to dvb, then repeat preview test.

If none of the above works, then I would be very tempted to try ForTheRecords Argus Tuner, because I'm baffled, unless a 3rd party piece of software is interfering with tvservice.

btw gigabyte mobo is a good one.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    You mentioned that you have turned off Windows MCE services, but I would check.

Uninstall any other software that could access the TV card. If any other software tries to access the card, this could be a problem.

In order to exclude it, you might also want to look at your EPG grabbing settings. Is it trying to grab EPG while playing TV?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom