[confirm] Blank screen/no audio on Client but works on another (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

These symptoms are just *so* much like the symptoms -->here<--. I'm comparing your logs with the "broken" and working logs there and they match the broken logs perfectly. Please try Tony's debug TsReader from -->here<-- and post logs. I'd also encourage you to have a read of the last 4 pages of the thread...

mm

vfrvulcan

Portal Member
    September 7, 2011
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi MM,

Thanks for you help on this - decided to take the "life's too short" route and reinstall the workstation from scratch. Install W7, patched up to date etc then installed 1.2.0RC and the installer only opened the firewall ports for the public profile and not the domain profile as required by my particular installation (and yes I'd already checked this as asked previously before I torched the disk :)). Quick simple fix this time and now it's running fine(ish!)

Now to sort out the other quirks/queries!

Cheers

Aaron

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cheers for reporting back Aaron. :D
    It's strange how these things work sometimes. I'll bump up the priority of checking the installer firewall rule thing on my list of things to do. I did already have a look and it looks like the code was designed to support XP's simpler firewall, but I'm not yet certain that is the issue. I'll keep you posted.

mm

vfrvulcan

Portal Member
    September 7, 2011
    Home Country
    England England
    Cheers for reporting back Aaron. :D
    It's strange how these things work sometimes. I'll bump up the priority of checking the installer firewall rule thing on my list of things to do. I did already have a look and it looks like the code was designed to support XP's simpler firewall, but I'm not yet certain that is the issue. I'll keep you posted.

mm

As a side note - I said previously that the install on the laptop was fine... It was also W7x64, also connected to the domain and the installer correctly made the firewall entries for domain use and not public/private. If I remember correctly, the XP firewall is simply open or closed without regard to connection type. Maybe that needs to to be investigated more in the installer for W7 and, as it seems, more so for x64.

Aaron

homeboycrusoe

Portal Member
    August 28, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Old thread but still this might help someone else...

I had similar issues in W7 64bit, i.e. MP fine in another client PC but not on the server PC. I was getting video on the server but no audio.

I fixed this by going in to the volume mixer panel on server PC, ensuring Application sounds was enabled, then opening MP in mini window mode. Upon lauch of MP it should be displayed in the Applications list in the Volume Mixer Panel. However whereas any other applications listed in Mixer panel had the correct Volume Level displayed, MP volume level was rooted to the bottom. I simply used my mouse to adjust the volume for MP in the Volume Mixer panel and hey presto the sound was back and I was then able to control the MP sound using my HTPC remote as normal.

Weird one. Seemingly sound and application link in Windows server PC got broke. Maybe in my case caused by a rogue/abrupt shutdown of the server PC whilst MP was still runnning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom