Blanking of TV in my music mode (1 Viewer)

Nielsen

Portal Pro
December 6, 2004
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I use the “my music” a lot but there is something that bothers me a little bit. I would like the TV picture to go “blank” (no picture, black screen) when I do not operation MP (only in my music mode).

Something like this: When I select a song with my remote then of cause I have to see a MP on my TV, but when I have not operated MP with the remote for let’s say 30sec then the TV go into black screen, until next time I press the remote.
I think this feature should be enabled/disabled in my music with the remote.

The reason why I miss this feature is that, when I have visitors or having a party I think people always have focus on the TV screen (looking at this great software called MediaPortal), instead of focusing on the party.
A turned on TV always attracts peoples attention.

Martin

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Newest CVS allows for a screensaver setting. This could help a little..

You could also switch you TV off ;)
    (Maybe with a case-display for song information)

Nielsen

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2004
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    oh yes, Of cause I can turn off the TV why did I not think of that? :D

No serious, if you zap through you music and change tracks ever 3-5 min I think it would be nice not to turn on at off the TV every time.

M

malte71

rtv said:
    Newest CVS allows for a screensaver setting. This could help a little..

You could also switch you TV off ;)
    (Maybe with a case-display for song information)

I agree with Nielsen. Especially when having a party it is annoying if the upcoming songs can be seen on screen.

At the moment I have configured my remote control (with girder) so that I can launch (and exit) the screensaver. That also solves the problem. However I still haven't managed to _select_ a screensaver using the remote. So I can only launch the one that is currently configured in the windows settings.

Selecting AND launching a screensaver from Mediaportal would be great.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Especially when having a party it is annoying if the upcoming songs can be seen on screen.
    Why not maximize the visualisation to fullscreen then?

when I have visitors or having a party I think people always have focus on the TV screen
    That's quite true but you will also distract your guests if you fiddle every 30 seconds with your playlist ;-P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom