Blow to MediaPortal in the USA (1 Viewer)

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Maybe when I upgrade entire system I'll get cablecard tuners. For now, I'll just switch to antenna -- my favorite channel (PBS) doesn't come in as well, but I'll get over it and save $25 per month in the bargain. Fixed income retiree here.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am in the Netherlands and my cablecompany encrypts all channels except one or two.. What works in my situation is FloppyDTV-C-CI (for Cable with CAM interface)+ Alphacrypt classic CAM in which the cable company smartcard goes..

What is important, is to know the encryption method your cable company will use, in my case Irdeto II is used which can be decoded by the Alphacrypt, but I know another cablecompany (UPC) uses the exotic Nagravision encryption, and there the FloppyDTV solution does not work (there does not exist a CAM that can decrypt this)

What also seems to work fine is the solution with Anysee which has a "soft" CAM (with digital cable you need the 30C Plus), but is a small box where the cable is connected to and the smartcard is going into, and then via USB 2.0 to the HTPC.

my 2 cents... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom