Blu Ray launching with internal player after external player closes (1 Viewer)

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
October 14, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Well, the title pretty much explains it. I finally got Blu Ray discs playing using an external player (so I can enjoy BD-J discs), but now as soon as I close the external player the Internal player loads the disc and asks me which feature to play. I've had this happen with two different external players (Leawo and VLC). I've attached the log files; I've reviewed the settings in MediaPortal configuration and I don't see any way to disable the internal player. I've even tried disabling the auto-play feature under the DVD menu to be sure.

The only workaround I've found to this point is to actually disable the BD Handler process plugin.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heya :)

Please use the Watchdog tool to collect full log files. We need the extra info that it grabs, including your config.

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
    October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the responses, but my Blu Ray decrypter (AnyDVD HD) finally crapped out so I bought a separate Blu Ray player. Is there a way for me to close this thread?

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
    October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well I won't be able to take advantage of it, but that's great news regardless, my compliments to the development team. I just can't find a LEGAL decryption option that's cheaper than a good Blu ray player anymore.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I just can't find a LEGAL decryption option...
    Hmmm, how is/was AnyDVD any more legal than any of the many other options? The law is the law. Surely if you consider decryption to be legal, any option is as legal as any other; and vice-versa?

...that's cheaper than a good Blu ray player anymore.
    I understand where you're coming from. Obviously your assessment must completely depend on your definition of "good" or "good enough". Playing the devil's advocate for a moment: some people would also argue that players and decrypters don't provide the same functions or features, and therefore expecting a decrypter to be cheaper isn't necessarily reasonable. For example, decrypters may generally be a little more expensive, but they enable you to do more than just play the media, and they also often come with a lifetime license.

Anyway, the decision is yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom