Blue Vision (2 Viewers)

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have just pushed my changes to keep the last selected group menu item when moving focus back up.
    I solved it by creating a specialized ListView control. This control adds only the last selected item to the focus candidates if the current focused item is not one of the group menu items.
    @ge2301 Please try if this is the behavior you wanted and if it has any unwanted side effects.
    Thanks a lot Osre! I'll directly try it and feedback to you :) Just one question: Is the last selected menu item also "white" when the focus is not on the main menu?
    No it isn't. But I can check when it is White or not.
    The downside when it is White all the time is that you can't see anymore if the Focus is on the menu items or elsewhere.
    It might be a good idea to highlight the last selected item (active menu group) somehow else. May be increasing it in size?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's a good idea. I'd just prefer the way around. The focused and "last focused" item are always white.
    Additionally the focused item is growing slightly in size.

Current code defines 0.4 opacity for the non focused item, and 1.0 opacity for the focused one. The size I can handle by a storyboard. what is missing is smoking like "last focused" property.
    What do you think?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    While in TV Guide mode I found something I do not know if by design or not.
    Go into TV Guide and place mouse over a show
    Show and channel info shows at bottom
    TV_01.jpg

Move mouse over to Channels section.
    Info from last show highlighted stays at bottom while highlighting Channels
    TV_02.jpg

Click on a Channel and the schedule for shows comes up
    Highlighting a show still does not change the info at the bottom
    TV_03.jpg

Checking out the movie /videos section (Again I do not know if this is by design)
    browse media
    Browse Media_01.jpg

Play a movie for a short time (I did for 40 seconds) and stop the movie
    Back on the browse page, move the mouse over different sections of listed moves
    Randomly what appears to be Fanart takes over the screen
    Browse Media_02.jpg

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I got the selected item highlighted all the time.
    The solution is quite easy, and according to the commented XAML code I guess you nearly had the solution.
    All I did was replacing this:
    Code:
    <Trigger Property="Selected" Value="True">
      <!--Setter TargetName="ItemLabel" Property="Color" Value="{ThemeResource TextColor}"/-->
    </Trigger>
    <Trigger Property="HasFocus" Value="False">
      <!-- Added following code to make only the focused menu item heving full opacity-->
      <Setter Property="Opacity" Value="0.4"/>
      <!-- Added following code to make only the focused menu item heving full opacity-->
    </Trigger>
    by this:
    Code:
    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Mode=FindAncestor, AncestorType=ListViewItem}, Path=Selected}" Value="false">
      <Setter Property="Opacity" Value="0.4"/>
    </DataTrigger>
    in Buttons.xaml (GroupTabHeaderButtonStyle)
    I'm checking it in in a couple of minutes.

Edit: The "inflation" of the focused menu item could be a bit more now. It's really hard to see if focus is on menu item or not.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Edit: The "inflation" of the focused menu item could be a bit more now. It's really hard to see if focus is on menu item or not.
    Great. Actually I was playing around alot, hard to believe the solution was so easy o_O Well, thats makes the difference between designer and dev I believe ;)
    I'll do that right now. Currently the sizing by storyboard is shared also with the menu boxes (movies, videos, series, etc.). I'll create a new storyboard for only the group main menu. It's quickly done.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    While in TV Guide mode I found something I do not know if by design or not.
    Go into TV Guide and place mouse over a show
    Show and channel info shows at bottom

Move mouse over to Channels section.
    Info from last show highlighted stays at bottom while highlighting Channels

Click on a Channel and the schedule for shows comes up
    Highlighting a show still does not change the info at the bottom

The TV part was coded by @morpheus_xx for ApolloOne I have just slightly made modifications. Since I have no TV-Tuner in my working PC I never checked this.
    I believe it shouldn't be like that.

Checking out the movie /videos section (Again I do not know if this is by design)
    browse media

Play a movie for a short time (I did for 40 seconds) and stop the movie
    Back on the browse page, move the mouse over different sections of listed moves
    Randomly what appears to be Fanart takes over the screen

I have an idea what the problem could be. I build Bluevision based on ApolloOne which has only 1 screen, that the defines the spaces between list and fanart.
    I changed it in the direction, that every view has its own screen, so for example the fanart in audio section could have square size.
    For "browse media this screen might be missing at the moment, so it's referring so something and the Fanart takes the complete space.
    I'll check and correct this.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @osre I added the new storyboard. Exchange this file with the previous buttons.xaml.
    What do you think about the "inflation factor", is it fitting? I'll commit it later, if you like it :)

Attachments

• Buttons.7z
      3.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom