ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Which path I should set?
    For testing I use: "Plugins\BlueVision\Skin\BlueVision\images\Startup.png" which would be globally for all themes. But if we like to support theme specific screens (i.e. a gray version from @Lehmden) the path should point to a theme subfolder.
    Problem is, that at startup time we don't have access to resource lookup chain and need fixed paths. This means a theme change would require the settings to be rewritten to get new image path.
    Looks great so far (y)
    I would place the image here: ...\BlueVision\Skin\BlueVision\themes\default\images so it will work will themes as well.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I started with the design of the CP screen. I defined TabButtonStyles, which are already working. The Buttons are in a horizontal StackPanel.
    My plan is to implement all TabButtons at once and dependent on MediaAspect not applicable ones are deactivated and invisible.
    Unbenannt.jpg
    What is missing and my challenge, to combine the button commands with the visibility of below screens. Never have done this :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is filename and type ok? I use "Startup.png", but we could also use "SplashScreen.jpg"...
    Startup.png is totally fine with me.
    I think we should rename it to SplashScreen.jpg. The name fits better and probably a JPG is better for overall skin size (860kb @Q99 JPG vs. 2.4 MB PNG). I will force-push the changes.

I have a request:
    please check all files in the BlueVision project. I have now included all existing files, but I have no overview if there might be some old images/screens/styles. I also removed some no-longer existing ones to avoid build issues. So when adding/removing files, please adjust the project accordingly.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For the definition of the content in the CP sceen I could need some help. @Lehmden for video and maybe somebody for audio.
    That would be really great :) Currently I defined following tabs:
    • General (Movie)
      • Year
      • Title
      • Star Rating
      • Genre
      • Plot Summary
    • General (Episode)
      • Year
      • Series Title + Saison # + Episode # + Episode Title
      • Star Rating
      • Genre ?
      • Plot Summary of Episode
    • General (Audio)
      • t.b.d.
    • General (image)
      • t.b.d.
    • Cast & Crew
      • t.b.d.
    • Media Info
      • Audio tracks
      • Subtitle tracks
      • Video infos
    • More???
    As mentioned the general tab will be only visible for the suitable media aspect. Question would be, if we need additional tabs.
    I could for example imagine, that a "series tab" could be nice, if an episode is the current played media. So the user can besides the episode info also check infos for the complete series.
    Here the initial mock-up: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/current_media2-jpg.164049/

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a request:
    please check all files in the BlueVision project. I have now included all existing files, but I have no overview if there might be some old images/screens/styles. I also removed some no-longer existing ones to avoid build issues. So when adding/removing files, please adjust the project accordingly.
    Ok, I will check all files and remove them from folder and BlueVision.csproj if not used.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    a "series tab" could be nice
    Yes, absolutely! But this (as always) has to be postponed until the MIA rework is finished as not much infos about series are present in DB at all...

A similar structure for Audio with an Album and an Artist tab would be good.

Genre is fine on series too (remove the ? )...

On Images I like to see the Exif infos and, if GPS coordinates are available a (google) maps gfx where the picture was shot...

Cast & Crew... (Also after MIA rework) with a scrollable list of people and the corresponding picture (if available).

On Media Info we should try to show if a movie is 3D or 2D. Not always possible, I know, but when possible we should show it here..

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On Images I like to see the Exif infos and, if GPS coordinates are available a (google) maps gfx where the picture was shot...
    In this case the importer does a location lookup and you get country/city etc filled :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    probably a JPG is better for overall skin size (860kb @Q99 JPG vs. 2.4 MB PNG)
    Isn't it possible to have both working? JPG did not support transparency so we can not have partial transparent splashscreen as JPG...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom