Bluetooth Nokia Microphone? (1 Viewer)

Grayda

Portal Member
September 11, 2006
Near Melbourne, Australia
Home Country
At home I use GlovePIE to issue voice commands to games, applications etc, and I want to use my Nokia phone to issue voice commands, rather than having to dig out and charge my old bluetooth headset or find my old crappy headset.

I've had a search over Google and all my old software areas, but I can't find anything like what I'm after. I've got programs for using phones as webcams and streaming audio to the phone, but not using the phone as a "headset". Do you know of any applications that do what I'm after? If all goes well, I'll have a nice script or two to share with the MediaPortal team ;D

-D

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Grayda,

I am using this device combined with my Siemens DECT phones. You can just add it as an extra "phone" in your telephonesystem. Despite from its usability as PC remote control and built in support for skype etc you can use it like an ordinary soundcard which interfaces your PC with your phones.
    I like being able to use voice-messengers with my cordless phone :).

-level20peon

Grayda

Portal Member
    September 11, 2006
    Near Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country
    Hello Grayda,

I am using this device combined with my Siemens DECT phones. You can just add it as an extra "phone" in your telephonesystem. Despite from its usability as PC remote control and built in support for skype etc you can use it like an ordinary soundcard which interfaces your PC with your phones.
    I like being able to use voice-messengers with my cordless phone :).

-level20peon

Looks pretty good actually. I have no idea where I can get one, but I had seen a tutorial on the internet, on how to turn any old cordless phone into a Skype Internet phone by wiring up a USB cord into the circuitry, and installing a Skype plugin. That would be pretty good, as I've just installed Skype, however for simple voice commands, my phone would be really handy, as I can connect to my bluetooth stack from my phone without having to press any buttons on my PC. Unless SOMEONE comes out with a scripting language for Bluetooth so I can hit buttons on my Wii remote and connect automatically ;P

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have a look around and see if I can find this particular unit ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom