[solved] Bookmarks on Video and Audio (1 Viewer)

stradivarius

Portal Member
January 5, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Sometimes it would have been nice to be able to place a marker (or more than one) in one particular point in a movie, or even in an audio track, to get there immediately when needed. Maybe it would be useful to add a "favorites" folder in the home page, to collect all shortcuts to specific points in video and audio playing.

MediaTobiPortal

Portal Pro
December 13, 2004
Is this still up to date ?
I can't find a way to add bookmarks - neither to videos, nor to recordings or live TV.

Thanks Tobi

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Is this still up to date ?
    I can't find a way to add bookmarks - neither to videos, nor to recordings or live TV.

Thanks Tobi

1. Start playing a video.
    2. Press F9
    3. Select "bookmarks"
    4. Select "create bookmark", the current position will be saved.
    How to jump a bookmark?
    1. Press F9
    2. Select "bookmarks"
    3. Select "Jump to".

MediaTobiPortal

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2004
    Thanks guys - Problem solved !!!

I have to admit I didn't know the "F9" menu. I thought the right menu is the OSD menu - reached by pressing "Y". There I couldn't find the bookmarks of course ....

So eve almost perfect but I want to support GeoffC's idea, too.
    We'd like to be able to add a bookmark by simply pressing a button on a remote - without any menus etc. showing up. I guess what we need is a newly defined "action".There is an "action" for next/previous bookmark.

upload_2014-7-6_12-8-37.png

I'd love to have an action like "ACTION_CREATE_BOOKMARK" allowing to add a key to it.

Thanks again,

Tobi

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Small skin graphics cached ... big not always ... While you in window al changes for windows skin ignored, when you reenter to this windowm its load skin again with all changes ... :)
    Small skin graphics cached ... big not always ... While you in window al changes for windows skin ignored, when you reenter to...
    Hi Guys, I just recently completed a major cleanup and reorganization of my media library. My media library is stored on a 10 TB...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    During the entire last 10+ years using MP with an Hauppauge HVR-2250 tuner, I've never had any problem at all recording any 2 clear QAM channels simultaneously -- until last July. Last July, my cable company decided to 'reorganize' their channels. This included, for the first time, placing two HD channels in the same frequency band at...
    During the entire last 10+ years using MP with an Hauppauge HVR-2250 tuner, I've never had any problem at all recording any 2 clear...
    During the entire last 10+ years using MP with an Hauppauge HVR-2250 tuner, I've never had any problem at all recording any 2 clear...
    Replies
    Views
    @CSMR , is your question answered?
    @CSMR , is your question answered?
    MP 1 has excellent browsing by folders. Browse on one side of the screen, with info about the currently selected content on the...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom