BRAND NEW HP InterVideo Remote Control USB Receiver (1 Viewer)

QuaiBoy

Portal Member
January 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi all. I purchased the following remote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200196060319

It doesn't seem to be the same as the other HP remotes talked about in the threads I've found. It works with Windows XP SP2 without drivers and appears only as a HID Keyboard/Mouse Device in System Properties - no other ID. The directional pad, the OK button and the close button work in MP but all other buttons do nothing. I've tried using the MCE and HID panels in MP config under 'remotes' but it doesn't change anything. I've also tried IRServerSuite and the MCE Replacement plugin but still a no-go. Other system specs on the left.

Any ideas? Thanks.

-Evan

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It doesn't seem to be the same as the other HP remotes talked about in the threads I've found. It works with Windows XP SP2 without drivers

I would say if it does not work in Windows, then it needs driver, Dell, HP have been completely selfish in the past at making there hardware exclusive, best thing to do is see what Aaron (and-81) can do to help.

Good Luck, hope you get it sorted.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    QuaiBoy, enable MCE remote in Configuration -> remote & the extended logging(same place) & enable debug logging in General setting.
    After that start MP navigate a couples of time & close MP, then attach MediaPortal.log to your post, if you're lucky it is a MCE clone & it will show in the log.

Regards
    Roy

QuaiBoy

Portal Member
    January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey, found out it is a variant of the XPC-RC01 remote but not quite the same. I mapped the functions to buttons all over the remote with the help of the KeyboardInputPlugin and then captured them in order with a universal. It was complicated, but working.

Thanks,
    -Evan

raypel

January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    keyboard.xml?

Hey, found out it is a variant of the XPC-RC01 remote but not quite the same. I mapped the functions to buttons all over the remote with the help of the KeyboardInputPlugin and then captured them in order with a universal. It was complicated, but working.

Thanks,
    -Evan

Hi Evan,

I have the same remote, and am trying to do exactly the same thing (moving to universal remote) could you help me out by sending me (raymond [at] pellikaan [dot] tk) the keyboard.xml file you created for the KeyboardInputPlugin? I can't seem to get it to work properly,

Thanks! Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom