Browse The Web / Webbrowser (4 Viewers)

axlt2002

Portal Pro
September 20, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi, I'm just trying for the first time this simple and fantasticplugin!

Just one question. While opening some web pages the following Alert appears "The document contains no data". Do you know the reason why? Clicking on Ok, the web page finishes to load with all the numbers in the correct poistion and it works also without any issue.

Looking forward for a feedback nd thanks in advance if any! ;)

axlt2002

Portal Pro
September 20, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Will try tonight to see if it generates a popup at my end.
    About the playing: did you try installing flash as per the FAQ in the first post?

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thanks again for your reply!

Ok, I will wait your test! (Just tired again and it seems that the issue is disappeared...anyway please try...)

About the other point: yes, I have flash installed (in fact no issue in watching YouTube clips). In Mozzilla, for example, pressing the button "Play it now!" (in the event page where all the channels are listed) it will open the appropriate player (SopCast or AceStream that need to be installed on the PC) according to your choice. In the plug-in this doesn't happen...in addition, if I press the nearby button "url", a page appears saying that the browser doesn't support JavaScripts or Cookies. Please make your trials and let me know! ;)

Cheers!

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, I didn't get the popup you were referring to initially.
    I did get a popup about the javascript, but as I saw on the website itself that clicking that url button wasn't very useful.
    Don't know what's wrong here, perhaps their javascript/css is struggling with the numbers I put into the html (if you choose "use mouse to browse" in the config, it works ok)

As for the playback, I tested it with "use mouse to browse" and somehow that worked (even without installing sop or ace), so I suspect it's javascript/css again.

Did you have a try in onlinevideos? This one has this site listed...

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Did you have a try in onlinevideos? This one has this site listed...

Thanks again for your patience...yes, maybe is something related to javascript and the numbering you added...no problems anyway, I will use the mouse mode! ;)

What do you exactly mean with the sentence that I have quoted? o_O

Have a nice weekend!

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I meant that the videos from this website are also accessible through the onlinevideos plugin, don't know if it's still working though...

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just installed this plugin but seem to be unable to find an address-bar where I can enter urls, what am I missing here ?

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    You need to take a look at the plugin setup for the button mappings. By default, I think it's the play button on your remote that brings up URL entry, at least that's how mine is configured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom