AlexS

Portal Member
March 13, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi

At time of writing there are 16 bugs, many of them old, that need fixing:
http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view_all_bug_page.php?filter=258

Shouldn't there be a big push to get these fixed once and for all?

Don't get me wrong please, I am not complaining at all!!!

I think the team has done a fantastic job, it just would be good if the team could focus on getting the bugs out the way once and for all, rather than writing new features, otherwise some bugs are never going to be fixed.

Could you declare a "war on bugs" month?

Cheers

Alex

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
A feature freeze for bughunting will be the last 2-4 weeks before the next major release, as always. It doesn't make any sense to do that currently.
Large parts of MP will be rewritten until 0.3. If you are too much annoyed by a listed bug, grab a copy of Visual C# Express and fix it. ;) Every helping hand is appreciated.

Broceliande

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2006
    As you are talking bout Mantis entries...
    2 of them were fixed recently,then closed (Major stated ones)
    1 is still displaying but fixed, only waiting its status to be updated
    Many of the resting ones should be or are set to "feedback", that means they can be reproduced anymore, but as we didn't find the reason of their behavior....they're not removed yet.
    Some others have simply not been resolved yet...
    Some other bugs are found by our testers and fixed before they are reported anywhere .
    IMO the dev team is always in war against bugs, be sure of that.
    And as said MPod, as told DMan in an annoucement on the main site, we are on the way to a new version, with so many changes....
    Some new features and new code parts , will make some bug obsolete, cause their code will have been completely replaced in next version.
    You said :
    "Don't get me wrong please, I am not complaining at all!!!"
    We don't , if you wonder , so others surely do.
    Just keep in mind that we always keep a main aim : Make it as stable as possibe.
    Time to invoke the great rtv's work for releasing stability patches.
    These patches are only designed for final users comfort, that don't want to play with svn's or just can't. Just consider it's an important additional work to release them, because it make a done work being done twice.
    In conclusion, dont think we're wasting our time in despite of final user's comfort.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just wanted to add, not that users get the wrong impression about us not caring about bugs... There are developers fixing bugs all the time. They do nothing else.

So please don't bring this "you are only implementing features and don't care about bugs" discussion up again. This has been discussed endlessly in the past already.

Broceliande

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2006
    Also would like to add a last comment about your thread title:
    Bug bugs bugs ....
    Well , though i'm not natively speaking english, a bug is a bug for almost all countries, and i just cannot imagine some correct intentions, reading such a title.
    So what ? Is that the only idea that inspires Mediaportal? Bug bugs bugs ?

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Take another look at mPod's avatar. With such a repair tool as avatar he must be in bugfixing mode! :p

Kind regards,
    Michel

AlexS

Portal Member
    March 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks guys, I appreciate your comprehensive replies...

As I said in the original post "Don't get me wrong please, I am not complaining at all!!!"

I wish to emphasise that point again, I know a good job is being done, and in most (all?) cases purely voluntary. I certainly don't think that you guys don't care about bugs! So thanks for your hard work and efforts and setting the record straight.

Cheers

Alex

AlexS

Portal Member
    March 13, 2006
    Home Country
    p.s.

Sorry I had to reply to this!

Quote Broceliande:
    "Well , though i'm not natively speaking english, a bug is a bug for almost all countries, and i just cannot imagine some correct intentions, reading such a title."

I don't quite understand your English too well here Broceliande to be honest, but if you would have prefered me to entitled it "tiptoeing through the tulips" I would have happily done so just for you :)

To be totally honest and frank with you will find a lot of slogans or phrases may have repeated words in them in the English language to emphasise a point; Tony Blair in the UK for instance came out with a phrase "Education! Education! Education!" to state all he was concerned about was education, which basically came to bug*er all in the end. Opps did I mention bug again, sorry promise I won't mention that word again for a while :)

Cheers

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom