[Remote] BUG: Connecting to active stream should not call IRSS to change channel again? (1 Viewer)

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi All

Description

I use an external satellite-box that is changed via IR-Blaster using IRSS and I noticed that when I connect to an existing TV-Stream from one of my clients that my channel changes again to the same channel it was already on. Changing channels on an external satellite-box using IRSS usually results in a channel-change bar flashing on the screen. The result being that I have to edit all my recordings to cut out these bars and ultimately I also get gaps everywhere I have cut these out.

Possible Changes
    I'm proposing that...
    1) Connecting to an existing TV-stream from clients should not result in the channel being changed again....I mean the stream is already active why would IRSS change the channel again?
    Or
    2) At least that when a recording is active, that IRSS should not change the channel again because it creates interruptions in the recording.

Other posts related to this:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tream-irritation-flaw-i-can-do-without-51745/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-stream-call-irss-change-channel-again-69292/

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    Any IRSS users experiencing this? Surely you agree with me this this should be changed?

chesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This pretty much happens no matter what you're using as your blaster. I currently use the Hauppauge blaster and it exhibits the same behavior. It's annoying, but I've been pretty much dealing with it. Also happens when I first boot up MP. My cable box remembers what channel it was on, why does it have to re-enter it on startup of MP (maybe for more if you had a crash, etc and that way it can make sure what it's showing in the guide is the same as what channel you are tuned to).

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    I can understand the boot-up action you described, but other than that I believe this to be a BUG!!. I tried getting the development team to take note of this but I thinks they do not use IR-Blasters and therefore don't see this as a serious enough problem....

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    as you say, a few users have that setup so it's very hard to debug/fix.

I can try to step into it if you provide good logs coming form a clean install of latest released build of IRSS.

Simone

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    as you say, a few users have that setup so it's very hard to debug/fix.

I can try to step into it if you provide good logs coming form a clean install of latest released build of IRSS.

Simone

Hi Simone

Sorry that I have not responded yet, its been a crazy few weeks for me with project deadlines :eek: I'll try to provide you with the requested test results after this weekend....
    :D

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Please update to today SVN for both MP and IRSS before reporting again this issue and before posting logs.

Simone

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    Please update to today SVN for both MP and IRSS before reporting again this issue and before posting logs.

Simone

Hi Simone

Please find attached both the MediaPortal, and IR-Server logs as requested. I did the following:

1) Start TV on main MP Server/Client....
    2) On 2nd MP Client I connected to active TV-Stream.
    3) On 2nd MP Client I stopped TV
    4) Then I did steps 2-to-3 a few more times, just to give you a few samples :)

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you....

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey GeoV,

IRSS is responding to the channel change request that the TV Server is making. It's not so much an IRSS issue as it is a TV Server issue.

I'm looking at ways we might be able to solve this in the IRSS code (I might be able to make it ignore channel change requests if recording).

I'll let you know what I come up with, though it is probably better in the long run to have this addressed in the TV Server code...

Cheers,

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    IRSS is responding to the channel change request that the TV Server is making. It's not so much an IRSS issue as it is a TV Server issue.

I though it might be the TV-Server and not IRSS, but I'm happy you confirmed it. If it is the TV-Server then it must also be happening with normal users, but they cant see it because they don't use the IR-Blast functions?

I'm looking at ways we might be able to solve this in the IRSS code (I might be able to make it ignore channel change requests if recording).
    I'll let you know what I come up with, though it is probably better in the long run to have this addressed in the TV Server code...

Perhaps you should log it as a bug for TV-Server and get the real problem fixed. I'm just worried that if you make changes to IRRS that something else in IRRS will not work correctly...

Let me know if you need me to test or help in anyway....I have a test system that I use to test the SVN's without breaking my production installation, so its very easy for me to test any changes you make :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom