Bugs and improvements (incl. themes) (2 Viewers)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Home screen has no power button.... All the others have one.
    Power button on the screens that have them, is there a Sweet Spot for a Mouse controlled machine?
    1 out of 10 times I can get the Power Menu to come up....
    EDIT: My Server Client is not a High Rez machine.... turns out the formatting on this screen forces the Power Button to be on the Bottom of the screeen instead of the Upper Right Corner... Making hard to shutdown MP2 Client

Switching Skins to and from BV causes the next Theme to be come strange.... If you quit out of MP2 Client and then restart it, the correct screen formatting comes up....

Settings Button.... Do you have to do it twice? Once on the Upper Menu and then on the Settings Button.. Can you just go from the Upper Menu directly into the Settings area?

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Home screen has no power button.... All the others have one.
    Power button on the screens that have them, is there a Sweet Spot for a Mouse controlled machine?
    1 out of 10 times I can get the Power Menu to come up....
    EDIT: My Server Client is not a High Rez machine.... turns out the formatting on this screen forces the Power Button to be on the Bottom of the screeen instead of the Upper Right Corner... Making hard to shutdown MP2 Client

Switching Skins to and from BV causes the next Theme to be come strange.... If you quit out of MP2 Client and then restart it, the correct screen formatting comes up....

Settings Button.... Do you have to do it twice? Once on the Upper Menu and then on the Settings Button.. Can you just go from the Upper Menu directly into the Settings area?
    I'm little bit confused. This thread is for a coming WMC skin, that is not available yet. It seems you report about BV or a theme. Which theme are you talking about?
    All BV themes have definitely a power button in Home. For Win10 and Default they are in every screen, for TE it's only in home. Can you show a screenshot with the mission power button?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    The TV screen menu / options are confusing
    Start by watching a program
    TV Menu 01.jpg

Click on the screen to get one menu.
    What is the options to Stop the current playing channel?
    TV Menu 02.jpg

Pressing ESC from the prior menu brings you back to the current watching program
    Press ESC again
    Brings up a different menu without the TV in the background AND focus forgets the channel you were watching
    TV Menu 03.jpg

Click the New Play button on the Upper Menu
    Now you get the option to go back to the watching the current channel or Stopping, Backup, or forward
    TV Menu 04.jpg

Huge learning curve from all other MP screens I have used....

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    I'm little bit confused. This thread is for a coming WMC skin, that is not available yet. It seems you report about BV or a theme. Which theme are you talking about?
    All BV themes have definitely a power button in Home. For Win10 and Default they are in every screen, for TE it's only in home. Can you show a screenshot with the mission power button?
    Sorry it seems I now have done this twice..... Does anyone know how to move these to posts to the BV thread?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Click on the screen to get one menu.
    What is the options to Stop the current playing channel?
    Press the info key of move the mouse and you have all fullscreen controls (play, stop, subtitles, audio, ...)

The basics of BV I have sumamrized in the new WIKI, that is not yet public.
    Not sure, if you have access right, otherwise you could ask high for it: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/wiki/display/MediaPortal2/BlueVision

And where is the missing power button?

I'll move these posts to BV thread.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi. Nice skin. This is my first time really trying to make MP2 work and having a good play with it, so I appologise in advance if I am missing the obvious here. But my comments, just suggestions, please do not take offense!:

The remote focus behavior on occasion drives me crazy ;) Example:

- I am in a list view (long one) and want to get back to top menu. Usually I can press 'right' but often it defaults to the power button, then pressing left jumps to the active menu item. Would it not be better to immediately go to the active menu button? Like when in 'settings' menu (enter settings, goto Appearance or General and press right).

- When I back out of for example Series with back button, focus shifts to 'Browse Media' rather than last active tile (would be nice if it remembered focus maybe).

- When tiles have focus, pressing UP from the left or center tile moves focus to the active menu button, but when pressing up on the right most tile focus instead moves to power button?

- When in list views, is it not possible to implement LEFT action to open the context / menu options / filtering menu? Right now if I am in the middle of a long list I have to press RIGHT to get to power button, then LEFT 5 times! and then SELECT to reach it. Left like hidden menu from MP1 seems more intuitive. 7 clicks to search or filter is too many.

- Is there plan for a 'Recently added' option like MovPics provides to find all movies added in last month? This is useful when your library contains 1600+ movies.

- Is there a way to jump in the menu like in MovPics you can start SMS typing a movie name and it will start filtering the view to movies matching combination of your key presses - this feature is so good it should be included everywhere! Even if it would allow skip to first letter it would aid navigation (I find scrolling through large list like this is laggy in MP2, it isn't so bad with series when list is only couple of hundred entries so must be related to size?)

Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1461512764][/DOUBLEPOST]Is it possible to add number of unwatched episodes to the list view of Series? Example below (coming from TVSeries it is something I miss):

shot1.jpg

Also maybe a view of recently added?

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    nice you like the skin and thanks for the feedback.
    - I am in a list view (long one) and want to get back to top menu. Usually I can press 'right' but often it defaults to the power button, then pressing left jumps to the active menu item. Would it not be better to immediately go to the active menu button? Like when in 'settings' menu (enter settings, goto Appearance or General and press right).
    With current layout I can not do anything about that. The focus always jumps to the nearest item.
    I'll work on that, but currently I'm busy with another skin, but I'll improve BV later.

- When I back out of for example Series with back button, focus shifts to 'Browse Media' rather than last active tile (would be nice if it remembered focus maybe).
    Agree with you here. @morpheus_xx is the right person to involve.

- When in list views, is it not possible to implement LEFT action to open the context / menu options / filtering menu? Right now if I am in the middle of a long list I have to press RIGHT to get to power button, then LEFT 5 times! and then SELECT to reach it. Left like hidden menu from MP1 seems more intuitive. 7 clicks to search or filter is too many.
    Have you tried Titanium Extended for MP2? It has the qick menus from MP1 allowing super fast access to menus. I planned to implement same for BV in addition. Means current buttons remain for mouse usage and hidden menus will be to remote users. To avoid conflicts, dependend on remote or mouse usage one or the other gets automatically deactivated.

- Is there plan for a 'Recently added' option like MovPics provides to find all movies added in last month? This is useful when your library contains 1600+ movies.
    It's available. Go to "others" and open "Latest Media". Alternatively you can use the "Home Screen". Here the latest media by category are visible.

- Is there a way to jump in the menu like in MovPics you can start SMS typing a movie name and it will start filtering the view to movies matching combination of your key presses - this feature is so good it should be included everywhere! Even if it would allow skip to first letter it would aid navigation (I find scrolling through large list like this is laggy in MP2, it isn't so bad with series when list is only couple of hundred entries so must be related to size?)
    I think you can do that. Open the menu in movie section and use "search". If I remmeber correctly during typing already MP2 is searching and showing results (but not 100% sure)

Is it possible to add number of unwatched episodes to the list view of Series? Example below (coming from TVSeries it is something I miss):
    It will come. The key word is "MIA rework" (feeling already sick, when writing this ;)). Currently the link between series, season and episodes is missing. For example does a season not know, what is happening with episodes.
    Once the MIA Rework is completed it's possible to implement this (and many more) features.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for reporting this, I fixed the problem. It will be part of next weekly build :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom