BUGS & FEATURE requests (1 Viewer)

Mikel28

March 28, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Following Experiences are based on the SVN version of 27 march 2007.

BUGS:

1. When pressing escape (a few times, or just one time) during the loading of a menu like 'TV' > 'Videos' > 'Music'
the menu will load, but you cant use escape to return to the main menu so you get stuck in these ^^

2. Im not 100% sure wether this is a bug, but its weird for sure:
Im using WinLirc, which is configured properly for my remote -> As you might know WinLirc is a server
so you need a client, in my case i tried "PC Remote Control" / "uICE"

Both are able to send 'keystrokes' to the currently active window.., and this works -> i mapped the arrow
keys on my remote->to the normal keyboard arrowkeys

So now i can navigate trough the menu's of MP, till it comes to the 'TV' part
in this menu im not able to navigate (i can navigate with the keyboard arrowkeys tough), somehow the keystrokes
do not arrive at the place where they should?

FEATURE REQUESTS:

1. Not really a bug, but my advice is to use higher resolution timers -> to get the menu animations look smoother
it currently 'stutters' (even while max FPS is on 100, rollspeed min/max -> doesnt matter) i just asked a friend of me
zzzzzzzz | right says:
bro, do you use mediaportal?
revere says:
yup
zzzzzzzz | right says:
the menu animations, i dont find them smooth enough
zzzzzzzz | right says:
could you check (some time..) if you find them smooth enough? > i mean, they stutter a bit atm
revere says:
yeah they do that at bit on mine too
revere says:
just bad coding i think
zzzzzzzz | right says:
im writing some notes to give to the devs
zzzzzzzz | right says:
yeah, thats correct -> i checked the C# code, and it uses Animation.Tickcount().. but its not undefined
in the class, so i didnt know where to check further
zzzzzzzz | right says:
so i dont know where that crap comes from, but i spoke with 1guy (forgot if he's a dev/ on irc #mediaportal, he said he would go after it
zzzzzzzz | right says:
but as i only tested it on 2003, i wanned to ask somebody with xp..
revere says:
lol, yeah it does the same, and its not like my machine is slow at all, mediaportal is just a bit buggy at that

2. The SerialUIR module has no support for DCD, so remotes like the (famous) PackardBell Fast Media Remote
do not work

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Agree with the statement that menu animations and transitions between screens aren't really smooth, maybe someone can look at this. Or just wait for MP next-generation that will include XAML for skins (mega smooth :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom