Building a basic Plugin (1 Viewer)

davemj9876

Portal Member
August 1, 2011
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have been trying to build a Window plugin using the documentation that exists on the wiki and looking in the various SVN stores for other plugins but I just can't seem to get it detected by MediaPortal.

I am using MediaPortal 1.1.3 on Windows 7 Professional
I have put the compiled dll in the plugins/windows directory (In the program files directory) and the skin in skin/blue3 (in the Program Data directory).

It is not picked up by MediaPortal configure application like the wiki indicates it should.

I am using Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express. (.NET framework 4)

(I dropped in the GuiDemo plugin and it sort of works on the platform but some of the buttons do not work.)

I am going to try a re installation of the MediaPortal software incase I messed something up when I was looking at the various skins and plugins that exist, but can anyone spot if I am doing anything wrong, or point me to an upto date stub plugin that should work on 1.1.3 with C# 2010 express.

Cheers

David

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not picked up in Config or not in MP? Check config first and check if it is enabled.

Did you choose a proper Window ID?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Du you use win7? Then the dll should be under ProgramData. Just open the config tool and use the menu to open the plugin directory (as well as the skin directory). Put your files there. Restart Config and it should work.

Otherwise, please post your source and will have a look (no promises ;-).

davemj9876

Portal Member
    August 1, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes I am using Win 7. There does not appear to be a plugin directory under ProgramData just under ProgramFiles. Other Plugins like Moving Pictures put the dll in the ProgramFiles directory and I was just following that example

David

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    oops, you are right (sorry). Then please check the config log file if it sees the plugin dll you put there and what it reports.

davemj9876

Portal Member
    August 1, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Narrowed it down looking through the logs, it is reporting that the dll has a bad image format and as a result is not loaded. Any clues, I am using Visual C# 2010 express

David

Bagal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You said that you're using .NET framework 4, according to the wiki page you linked to you need to change the target framework to .Net Framework 3.5.

davemj9876

Portal Member
    August 1, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cheers, I just found that entry as well, and, fixed the errors that appears due to changing the framework. (Microsoft errors, nothing to do with MediaPortal). And my dummy plugin finally appeared. Thanks everyone. Now I can focus on planning a plugin. (Just need a bit of inspiration).

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom