Ongoing Building a new MP client (1 Viewer)

dhoggan

Portal Member
June 27, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Jay,

Would there a chance to seeing a photo or two of how you modded the MS IR board, and of it in situ? Right now I'm in the same situation you found yourself in - want to mount the MS IR receiver to fit internally. As you've done a lot of the pioneering work, I'd really appreciate some details and shots; I'm sure other would be interested too.

Thanks,

Dave

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Dave,

Its all in situ and in use...

But the mod to make it fit is quite straight forward (just need a junior hacksaw and nerves)

You you disassemble the MS IR receiver:
    Two screws hidden under the rubber feet
    Then the unit should come apart

All you need to do is trim a square off the corner:
    Unplug the cable off the PCB
    Hold the PCB looking down on it from above with the IR receiver component facing towards you
    Its the bottom right hand corner, you need to trim the blank peice of circuit board off (I think it was about a 10mm x 15mm piece - could be less). This will allow it to "notch" around the PCB in the case for the switch

To mount the IR receiver, there are several ways - depending on how comfortable you are:
    If you have fitted a 2.5" HDD/SSD in the case next to the power switch, then simply stick the IR receiver onto the top of that using double sided tape/pads
    Use stick down PCB support mounts/pillars
    Drill and tap the bottom of the case and fit support pillers

I will try and take some pics when I next open the htpc.

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom