Ongoing Building a new MP client (2 Viewers)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Its virtually done! :D

The device is up and running. Its W7 x64, withe MePo 1.2.3. The following plugins are installed:

Moving Pictures
    TV Series
    IFC
    Bluray handler
    Online Videos

I installed SAF6.09, as I might use FFDShow Audio profiles.

I'm running Owlroosts custom DShowHelper and TSReader files. I had major issues getting RTSP streaming to be smooth (even over GBe copper), so switched to using UNC and everything is good. Its connected via WiFi and handles 1080p/1080i fine.

Latency checks out ok with DPCLat and LatencyMon.

I have disabled all non required services, disabled network discovery, disabled SMB2.

One thing I can not get to work properly is the internal remote control - not all the buttons work (I hate dealing with clone remotes and MePo) :(

I bought the Streamcom PicoPSU and 150W external PSU. The PicoPSU doesn't seem to be a genuine Pico item (the plastic plug is not yellow, just an off white item - but it all came in a streacom box, so I will be covered by warranty for it). I have fitted the external PSU internally - I checked and its ok. I got a chasis mount IEC socket off ebay and a power cord I cut up. Works a treat :)

I didn't go to the all the trouble of braided sleeving - getting lazy in my old age, so I crudely used sprial wrap that I had :D

I had a slight noise from the Asus VRM (built into the motherboard), but with the case lid on, you cant hear it at all (slight downside to a completely passive system, is that you can hear any slight noise!) lol

Some piccies for you:

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0305.JPG

IMG_0306.JPG

Thanks,

J.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Looks very cool (pun intended).

I see you use 5 out of the six heat pipes?

Let me know how the IR receiver is working for you, will you also use blasters?. I didn't buy the receiver because I wasn't sure if it would work and I need two blasters as well. I use an external USB HP receiver/blaster for now but internal would be neat.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I could not get the 6th heatpipe to fit. I read somewhere depending on your CPU you dont need to use them all.

I might fire streacom an email and check.

I will give the internal remote/receiver a final attempt, but I'm not holding much hope. Plus the remote control that comes with it is tacky/rubbish looking! :(

I have a genuine MS remote and receiver that should be here this week, I will look at possibly mounting that internally - will depend on whether it detects the signal (as I will be "hiding" the case out the way). If remote cant see the case (in its eventual location), I will keep the receiver external and mount that somewhere better.

J.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I found the remote delivered from Streacom looking cheap, the receiver however should work with any MCE remote, just a pity you have to buy (pay for) the remote with the receiver. The receiver should work on a CIR (Consumer Infra Red) connection such as my Intel board has. Does your MB have such a connection, is that what you are trying to get to work, have you tried LMRK?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi guys,

I will bear AEOne in mind if I have issues with the eHome receiver.

The Streacom IR receiver is a USB device.

When I first plugged it in, it installed as a HID device (so didnt work too well in MePo). I then changed the driver to eHome and it still didnt work write. I'm sure there is a reg key or two to change to make all the buttons work??

I never tried the Streacom IR receiver with a different remote.

LMRK??

J.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

snurreskutt

January 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Did anyone of you have any success with the Streacom IR receiver? I have an AEOne external receiver that works like a charm,but I wanted and internal receiver so today I installed the Streacom receiver and the only thing I have working is the arrow keys and the OK key, the power off just shuts down MP. Any advise of do I have to have the ugly external receiver?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Remotes/receivers and MePo me too much...So I stripped down an MS receiver and mounted it internally into the case - Plus the MS remote is better than the Streacom one (and controls the TV power)

I had to notch about a 5 x 10mm section off the MS receiver PCB (there are not components in that area) - its to fit around the power switch PCB. By doing that, the MS receiver IR sensor lines up perfectly with the Streacom IR hole.

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom