C-Bus Lighting Control Plugin (1 Viewer)

coolio

Portal Member
June 10, 2008
Home Country
Useful to toggle the C-Bus lighting control system (No Dimming Yet)

My First plugin, so please don't flame me.

Download
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28664&stc=1&d=1226145487

Testing Environment
All my tests have been with the latest SVN's starting way back at RC1. Should be backward compatible as well but not tested.

Supported Skin
I am using the default Blue3 skin so if you want to use a different skin you may need to copy the lighting2.xml to the appropriate location.

How it works.
The plugin talks to the lighting control network through the Clipsal C-Gate software and so should not void any warranty on your products as it's not directly talking to the System. C-Gate will need to be installed somewhere.
C-Gate does not need to be installed on the machine that mediaportal is installed. I have tested the plugin on the local machine. I have also tested on a remote machine as well as connecting to a remote C-Gate tunnelling through a VPN.

Installation instructions
1. Install the Clipsal C-Bus Toolkit available from CIS - C-Bus Toolkit
2. Locate and edit the C-GateConfig.txt (default location is C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2\config) so that it loads your project by default. Example below.
#### project.default:
# Name of the default project
# Default Value:
# Scope: global
# Effective on: restart
###
project.default=MYHOME
3. At this point it would be good to make c-gate auto load on boot. To achieve this I simply created a shortcut to c-gate.jar and put this in my startup folder. This is optional but yoy will need to have cgate loaded. Opening the toolkit software is good enough to achieve this.
4. If the cgate software is on the same machine as mediaportal you can skip this step. If c-gate is not on the machine that then you will need to grant access on the c-gate server to the lighting plugins machine IP. Locate the access.txt and add the IP address of the mediaportal machine. Example below.
interface 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 Program
interface 127.0.0.1 Program
interface localhost Program
remote 192.168.0.1 Program
Test this with the command "telnet 192.168.0.10 20023" without the quotes if you do not get a coneection the the rest will fail. To test on the local machine use the command "telnet 127.0.0.1 20023" without the quotes.
5. Install the CBusLighting.mpi.
6. Configure the plugin through the mediaportal configuration utility.
7. Everything should work from here. Enjoy.

I do plan to make further enhancements but time is a factor in my life and work is very busy so things may be slow.
Be kind to me. I would like to hear from anyone that is using this.

A big thanks goes out to the MediaPortal Contributors as it has a major role in my lounge room. I am a very happy user.

Cheers.....

Attachments

• CBusLighting.mpi
    30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom