Cable TV Descrambler Software (NOT STEALING!!) (1 Viewer)

madmikeee

Portal Member
July 18, 2007
Just thought I would make it clear that this question is not to be taken as "I am going to steal cable"

I was wondering if there was any software that allows the descrambling of cable?

I have a specific package that includes everything I want but some of the stations happen to be above the typical 125 channel range of most TV Tuner cards. Is there any software to decrypt these channels that I am already paying for so I don't have to rent yet ANOTHER cable box from the provider? I already pay way too much for what I have versus value and they keep taking away more stuff and raising prices. I just want to be able to watch the same channels with my HTPC as I do in other areas of the house.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I already searched google and EVERYTHING I found was over 2-3 years old.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello madmikeee,

you could either use an Y-Adapter which simply splits the cable so you can use it on more than one receiver or you use the MediaPortal TV-Server to centrally decrypt your cable. You can then use the MediaPortal client on several places in your home (which are connected to your network) to watch TV.

-level20peon

dekkers

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2006
    Maasdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If it's based on smartcards you can use SmartWi. I use it. And as far as i know it's legal.

smartwi%20modtager4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom