[solved] Can Fanart Handler watch a folder? Should I me using Latest Media Handler? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

I am using the StreamedMP skin and I have the option to push images from Fanart Handler to the background. I would like to add different pictures from the internet to the selection that StreamedMP uses and I thought that if Fanart Handler could watch a folder and just push what I dropped into it I would have an easy solution. Is this possible?

Is there a better way to do this? I know that there are a lot of sites that offer backgrounds (for example www.hdwallpapers.in) for your computer and I would like to see a scraper have access to these things maybe.

I can d/l these if there isn't a scraper available. Also should I be using Latest Media Handler instead or in conjunction?

Thanks for the help

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Fanart Handler could watch a folder and just push what I dropped into it I would have an easy solution. Is this possible?
    Yes, download wallpaper and put it to - Thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\music\

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks ajs. Can you give me the full path as I am not sure where this path is? Here is a screen shot of where I though it was suppose to be based on what was in Fanart Handler but it does not show up in windows explorer. I have turned on show hidden files.

Ooops. I was in program files not program data. Well at least I figured it out :)

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• Picture location.JPG
      Picture location.JPG
      177.8 KB
    Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom