Can I replace Windows 7 Media Center (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not really liking the builtin music titan theme, the available view options are rather limited.

Is there any way we can get other views ? I really like the MCE wall view.

Is there a way to edit the home screen? I don't really need to have plug ins on the front page, would much rather have online videos in it place

Also, I don't really care for pictures so would like to add a recorded TV or TV series option, is that possible?

See the Titan - FAQ thread in the titan forum, it answers all your questions.
    Music -> Album View + Layout = Small Icons, looks like this
    my music.png

Last edited:

ipguy

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2011
    Home Country
    See the Titan - FAQ thread in the titan forum, it answers all your questions.
    Music -> Album View + Layout = Small Icons, looks like this
    View attachment 118758

Yeah i noticed the other options but was really asking of it was possible to add more view optons

Also do you experience jitter when moving through your music collection?

Its not as smooth as i was expecting.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes you can add more views using mp config -> music -> views
    Instructions are in the music subforum's guide to the music section thread
    There is no jitter on both my HTPCs

ipguy

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Yes you can add more views using mp config -> music -> views
    Instructions are in the music subforum's guide to the music section thread
    There is no jitter on both my HTPCs

When initially installing MP (done over RDP, so this might be the reason i revived the warning) I hot the aero is disabled warning.

Any way to check its on?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Personally I would never try to install over Remote Desktop.
    You might want to ask that aero question in a windows forum.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I always install via RDP, it's no big thing, BUT run the config on the actual device at least once to ensure Aero is working, under the ID that MePo will run under (player on my machines).

Also, if you have MP set to auto start, it will start with your RDP session (and it's not happy in RDP:) For RDP, I login under a different user ID, and then reset start up via msconfig (deselect MP in startup for that user).

Cheers - JCMP

ipguy

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Also, if you have MP set to auto start, it will start with your RDP session (and it's not happy in RDP:) For RDP, I login under a different user ID, and then reset start up via msconfig (deselect MP in startup for that user).

Sorry I'm not sure i understand what you mean here.?

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ojk, to fill in blanks.

1) My systems is set to autologin with the PLAYER ID, then run MePO, full screen, always on top, etc.

2) My systems has second account - MANAGER, I use to manage MePo & system via RDP.

3) Using MANAGER account via RDP I can manage and/or install MePo remotely (everything in management GUI and all tested plugins work 100% in RDP)

The 'gotcha' here is as I have MePo set to autorun, after I have run the MePo Configuration in RDP session, I have to disable autostart for the user ID MANAGER before I log out - this is done via the run -> msconfig management console. If I forget this step, next time I login via RDP, MePo starts and it's a pain to get out of MePo cleanly.

So, if managing your system locally is a pain (having spent lots of time on hands & knees in living room with face far to close to big screen for comfort, it can be!-), RDP is viable option. I also have (recently only) added a mini-keyboard with touch pad (to use on RaspberryPI when I get past the lego case and tinkering in python) for quick fixes.

See <http://www.maplin.co.uk/wireless-mini-keyboard-with-touchpad-for-media-centres-527078> for example, plenty of similar units on market.

Cheers - JCMP

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you've got an android phone/tablet then installing unified remote on your HTPC is really useful for fine tuning a keyboard+mouseless htpc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom