Can i view an AV/AUX input in MP? (1 Viewer)

Quintin79

March 25, 2008
so sorry if this has been asked before but i have done a bit of searching on the forums and most topics tend to be very specific.

what i want to do is very simple. i just want to be able to view the signal from an external AV source through MP. say i have an old nintendo, a VHS player etc. i want to be able to select that source from MP and perhaps record it.

if it can be done, how? and would MP work with any tuner card with an AV/AUX input? would it just 'detect' the input and show it in the MP main menu?

thanks in advance

Aquarius

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 23, 2004
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Of course it can.

You need an analogue TV card with an AV Input. (like the Haupauge PVR cards). Then in configuration dialogue TV->Cards->channel, click on "add external source" (or similar, I donn't have MP at hand), that's it.

Regards
    /Gerd

Aquarius

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 23, 2004
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, was wrong.

Path to button is Configuration->TV->TV-Channels->"Add CVBS/SVHS"

HTH
    /Gerd

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    This allows me to view, but I get no audio. I have tried all options without getting more than a high-pitched zinging.
    I suspect a codec problem, but can't get graphedit or graphstudio to show anything.
    How can I diagnose the problem?

mascot

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a similiar case I'd like to solve.

I have a Pioneer-plasma without speakers, all the audio I used have been in mediaportal so far. I have an active speaker system connected to my htpc through the analogue outs (7.1 audio on motherboard)

But now I've got a cable box I'd like to get audio fram THOUGH my HTPC. I have digital inputs.. so I can connect the cable box with coaxial or optical digital cable to it.

Then I would like to be able to select this input in mediaportal and enjoy the digital audio from the cable box (some channels broadcast in 5.1 audio so I'd like that aswell)

Can someone tell me how to do this? I use the old SAF plugin with mpc-hc and ffdshow audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom