Input / Output interfaces (3 Viewers)

general talk, support and improvement suggestions for remotes, external displays, ect.
MP1 MP2 HID Known Issues DE
If "full" is selected from the drop-down list "Profile" (instead of the default "classic") without ticking the box "Enable HID keyboard" MP receives 2 events for each keypress, at least in MP 1.26 running under Windows 8.1 Pro x64.
If "full" is selected from the drop-down list "Profile" (instead of the default "classic") without ticking the box "Enable HID...
We are listing here various known issues and solutions regarding MediaPortal HID handler: Kodi MCE Remote plugin messes up your...
Replies
Views
That option doesn't enable or disable functionality. I can guarantee it. Easy to prove too: just disable the option, and you'll find that the remote still works. It's really unfortunate that we didn't get a snapshot of your settings from before the remote started working. I expect either HID wasn't enabled properly, or media was...
That option doesn't enable or disable functionality. I can guarantee it. Easy to prove too: just disable the option, and you'll...
Title kind of says it all. I have an MCE compatible remote, specifically a Mediagate GP-IR0GBK remote with transceiver. Windows...
Replies
Views
Debounce Registry Setting For anyone who wants to try the debounce registry setting, this is the setting: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da] "EnableDebounce"=dword:00000001 There are several different values for the...
Debounce Registry Setting For anyone who wants to try the debounce registry setting, this is the setting: Windows Registry Editor...
I'm currently testing the new Sofabaton x1 remote control with which I want to replace my Harmony. Everything looks good so far...
Replies
Views
I am also trying to connect my harmony remote via FLIRC to MP2 but still encounter a problem when following your steps. When setting up a new device, harmony is asking for a device and a serial number. May I ask you, what exactly I should type in there?
I am also trying to connect my harmony remote via FLIRC to MP2 but still encounter a problem when following your steps. When...
Hi, Been using Flirc for a while and with recently adding a Harmony Hub + Harmony companion in the mix it has really become a nice...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TVserver RTSP DE
How id possible to set a default rtsp streming. so when the TVserver restart the RTSP is already configured. Now eery time you restart the TVserver RTSP must be set manually
How id possible to set a default rtsp streming. so when the TVserver restart the RTSP is already configured. Now eery time you...
How id possible to set a default rtsp streming. so when the TVserver restart the RTSP is already configured. Now eery time you...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MCE Remote Disable Volume Mapping (1 Viewer) DE
Hi all - I upgraded an older MediaPortal 1 install to the 1.23 release. Am using a Microsoft remote (like pictured in the settings) and a Sonos soundbar. On the old MediaPortal version in the MCE remote settings I simply deleted the remote volume up/down mappings so these button presses were ignored by MediaPortal and only controlled...
Hi all - I upgraded an older MediaPortal 1 install to the 1.23 release. Am using a Microsoft remote (like pictured in the settings)...
Hi all - I upgraded an older MediaPortal 1 install to the 1.23 release. Am using a Microsoft remote (like pictured in the settings)...
Replies
Views
Just gonna add my 2 cents worth here. I have the Inteset PC-IRS5-01 IR Receiver and it installed fine, as per their instructions. However I did encounter an issue getting my remote, a HP MCE Media Centre remote (RC6), to work as an expected. This, I eventually figured out, was due to the tuner card I was using at the time having a...
Just gonna add my 2 cents worth here. I have the Inteset PC-IRS5-01 IR Receiver and it installed fine, as per their instructions...
I have two Dell 990s, one is my MP player machine, the other the MP video recorder/server. Purchased Inteset USB IR receiver...
Replies
Views
An update: It's not a bug...Disabling "Hide taskbar in full screen mode mode" in MP configuration solves the issue. Many thanks for your help.
An update: It's not a bug...Disabling "Hide taskbar in full screen mode mode" in MP configuration solves the issue. Many thanks...
Hi I have 2 display set up (monitor and TV both 1080p) and been using them duplicate mode for few years. I'm trying now to set...
Replies
Views
the source code is here : Mediaportal Plugins / Code / [r4956] /trunk/plugins/KeyboardInputPlugin
the source code is here : Mediaportal Plugins / Code / [r4956] /trunk/plugins/KeyboardInputPlugin
MPEI refuses to download it -- 'connection forcibly closed by remote', and every link I can find is now 404.
Replies
Views
Thanks. I have switched to Emby, which is working great. But thanks again. You are always here for help :).
Thanks. I have switched to Emby, which is working great. But thanks again. You are always here for help :).
Hi All I want to access TV channels from my mobile. To do that, I found that I need to install mpextended. But I could not find...
Replies
Views
Solved. I found in the forum a interesting site EventGhostPlus. There I found a new (I think inofficial) version of eventghostplus (version 1.1.4.1). It was possible to install this new version on MP 1.18. It wasn't nessessary to config anything in this MP-Plugin. I had only to drop in Eventghost the IR-Events to the Eventghost-plugin...
Solved. I found in the forum a interesting site EventGhostPlus. There I found a new (I think inofficial) version of eventghostplus...
Hello, I'm using MP 1.18, Harmony One Remote Control, Eventghost to control MP on a local PC. The majority of actions...
Replies
Views
I am not an audio expert, but I believe that one of the following statements is true (but I don't know which one): (1) Only analogue sound output can be level adjusted using the remote control. Digital sound output is always at full level, because it is assumed that you are using a TV or AV amplifier that has its own sound level...
I am not an audio expert, but I believe that one of the following statements is true (but I don't know which one): (1) Only...
Hi I'm on 1.18 and decided to investigate why my volume controls don't work at all after few months. So I'm on W10 64bit and I'm...
Replies
Views
I know the feeling mate! You are welcome.
I know the feeling mate! You are welcome.
Hi, Using a Media Centre type Remote (From Inteset), which has been working fine since forever, has suddenly stopped working for...
Replies
Views
That means you probably have some other software installed/running which is stealing the "focus" (on top position) from MP. Remote controls usually only work with the program that has the focus. In other words: if MP doesn't have the focus, it's no surprise that the remote control doesn't work. If I were you I would check your other...
That means you probably have some other software installed/running which is stealing the "focus" (on top position) from MP. Remote...
When I watch a video for some time, let's say an hour, and I stop playback, the navigation buttons stops working until I use a...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the long delay in getting this to you. I have attached the irremote.ini file here. I have been using the Inteset IR receiver with Windows Media Center for about a month with no issues. So I started configuring MediaPortal 1.6 to work with it. So far, I am able to move around the menus and play media, etc. I'm trying to...
Sorry for the long delay in getting this to you. I have attached the irremote.ini file here. I have been using the Inteset IR...
Greetings, I have a Windows 7 machine running Windows Media Center with a Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-2650 to receive my RC6 Remote...
Replies
Views
Good, resolution! :) No worries - any time. See you around! :)
Good, resolution! :) No worries - any time. See you around! :)
Hi MCE remote has stopped working suddenly. Not just in MP1 either - e.g. the volume control doesn't work. The remote lights up and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [solved] iMON Remote Setup (1 Viewer) DE
Hey pur_berger, Are you still using that ir configuration? Just want to tell you that i have an origenae too and i had never issues with the imon remote.
Hey pur_berger, Are you still using that ir configuration? Just want to tell you that i have an origenae too and i had never...
Have run into the same issue - after reinstalling my unit (doing the upgrades via the testbuilds it was never an issue). In my...
Replies
Views
Hallo KL3000! Ich kann dir vielleicht ein bisschen weiterhelfen. Ich bin in Wien, habe eine Technotrend CT2-4500CI und funktioniert tadellos im beigefügtem Viewer. In MP gibt es einige Probleme, die zu bewerkstelligen sind, das fängt beim Scannen an, bei editieren jedes einzelnen Senders, und bei der Wiedergabe. Fakt ist, die...
Hallo KL3000! Ich kann dir vielleicht ein bisschen weiterhelfen. Ich bin in Wien, habe eine Technotrend CT2-4500CI und funktioniert...
Hallo! Hat schon jemand SimpliTV mit Mediaportal zum laufen bekommen? Was benötigt man dafür? Nur irgend einen DVB-T2-Stick?
Replies
Views
That does not make much sense. If repeats are disabled from the XML it should not repeat really. Alright then I'll mark this thread as solved. If you face that problem again or another one and want us to try get it fixed please open a new thread.
That does not make much sense. If repeats are disabled from the XML it should not repeat really. Alright then I'll mark this...
Hi Stephane, thank you very much for taking on my problem. I tried the MP 1.13 build you linked to but unfortunately the problem...
Replies
Views
Next time around maybe :)
Next time around maybe :)
Hello Guys, I used Mediaportal up till version 1.12 when MCE remote was discontinued. I switched to KODI, which is working fine...
Replies
Views
Alright, alright some of those rants were probably not totally baseless, I'll give you that. HID handler was implemented for the following reasons: Improved remote receiver hardware compatibility. Improved hardware type support: gamepads, media keyboards and virtually any HID hardware. Improved stability and reliability. Improved...
Alright, alright some of those rants were probably not totally baseless, I'll give you that. HID handler was implemented for the...
Dear all! I have read a bit in this forum about issues with remotes and MP1.14. At the moment I run a Harmony remote with MCE...
Replies
Views
Hi Not that I'm aware of. My guess is that the problem is more likely to be something to do with your motherboard - shared resource allocations/limitations etc. I'd recommend you contact Hauppauge and ask them about the situation, and also read the manual for your motherboard thoroughly to see if there are any limitations related to...
Hi Not that I'm aware of. My guess is that the problem is more likely to be something to do with your motherboard - shared...
I have been using Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM Combo PCI Card (set in config as top priority) in cunjunction with a...
Replies
Views
It's possible that our legacy MCE implementation was starving the Media handler by intercepting events at the device level.
It's possible that our legacy MCE implementation was starving the Media handler by intercepting events at the device level.
Hi guys, I just updated my MP 1.12 to MP 1.14 Pre and I experience that the PAUSE button is not working properly on my MCE remote...
Replies
Views
Thank you - that did the trick (y)
Thank you - that did the trick (y)
After the update to mp 1.13 I have problems with a specific mapping on both of my remotes. I am using harmony remotes with mce...
Replies
Views
This is not currently being looked at.
This is not currently being looked at.
I was just wondering if anyone has considered adding an input method suitable for controllers similar to the Steam Daisy Wheel. I...
Replies
Views
@Testers could anyone validate that for me? Customize HID mapping and check that channel up down still repeats?
@Testers could anyone validate that for me? Customize HID mapping and check that channel up down still repeats?
All of my buttons work like before (1.12.) there ist just one issue with repeating of commands The Channel up/down button is/was...
Replies
Views
So all the code doing the actual work is now gone to that DoStart function but it remains the same as before. That "IsStray" method is something else entirely, nothing to do with "tray". Stray means "Perdu".
So all the code doing the actual work is now gone to that DoStart function but it remains the same as before. That "IsStray"...
Previously when MP was minimised the Green Button would open up the MP window - it no longer does this on the HID input handler.
Replies
Views
Got it! This was a hard one: After the update to 1.13 the Pin Code for File Menu was enable (which was not before the update). So the virtual keyboard was for entering a pin. Would be helpful if there would be a title for the screen with "Please enter Pin to delete the file"... Sorry for hijacking this thread and thanks very much...
Got it! This was a hard one: After the update to 1.13 the Pin Code for File Menu was enable (which was not before the update). So...
Hi @Stéphane Lenclud There is no mapping in general HID with 0. Is it a known bug? thx, reg
Replies
Views
That's great news! :D Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
That's great news! :D Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
It looks like I've got everything working, except IR blasting my colossus cards. So here's my setup... - Colossus configured to...
Replies
Views
Thanks for reporting back. :)
Thanks for reporting back. :)
TV-Server Version: 1.8 MediaPortal Version: 1.8 MediaPortal Skin: Titan Windows Version: 7 1. TV Card: Hauppauge Colussus -...
Replies
Views
I'm trying out the ampDroid remote app on a Galaxy S4, working with a MP 1.10 installation on a Windows 7 PC. I've managed to get it working, but when I select the Videos option in the app it doesn't list any files when the "All Movies" option is selected at the top. If I select the "Shares" option I can see my video folders, but can...
I'm trying out the ampDroid remote app on a Galaxy S4, working with a MP 1.10 installation on a Windows 7 PC. I've managed to get...
I'm trying out the ampDroid remote app on a Galaxy S4, working with a MP 1.10 installation on a Windows 7 PC. I've managed to get...
Replies
Views
Hope I picked the right place for this. As I'm going through my complete music collection adding favorites, I would like to simplify the process by adding this action to a specific key on the keyboard (or remote). But I can't seam to find the action(name) that goes with it. How to go about?
Hope I picked the right place for this. As I'm going through my complete music collection adding favorites, I would like to...
Hope I picked the right place for this. As I'm going through my complete music collection adding favorites, I would like to...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom