Can MPTagThat read tags from Winamp? (1 Viewer)

jwdaigle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Since my tags basically dont work "anywhere", I dont think its related to MPTagThat, but I am hoping that someone can enlighten me as to what could be wrong.

I am using winamp 5.541. I have ripped most of my CD collection to lossless Flac, and ticked the box that says to include tags. So I get directories with .flac files, presumably with embedded tags in them.

When I view my audio collection in MediaPortal, it doesnt appear that it is reading the tags and presenting the information, but I am not sure since I dont know what it would do if it could read the tags. I have madFlac installed on the computer also.

I then used winamp 5.541 to batch convert these flac files to .aac (so I can play them on my Sony Ericsson C902 phone, which I believe supports tags). Everything comes through as unknown album/unknown artist.

When I run MPTagThat, and point it to the flac files, it doesnt seem to recognize that they have any tags in them, but again Im not sure what correct behavior would be.

Can anyone help me diagnose this please? What should I try to prove/disprove that the files have tags in them, and can be read by something?

Thanks very much in advance-

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It looks like that your files have not been tagged correctly while riping.
    I was just riping a fil into flac format using winamp 5.541 and all the tags are inside, so MPTagThat and any other program can read them perfectly.

You could upload one of your files to a free file hoster and PM me the link.
    I will have a look into it.

jwdaigle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Hey, that would be great! Thanks so much.

I will send you a PM shortly with the link.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Your file contains valid flac tags and can be read correctlyvia MPTagThat and so it should be read as well in Mediaportal.

i don't see any problems. See attached picture

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
      Clipboard01.jpg
      65.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom