Can SQLite database read XML? (1 Viewer)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If this is the incorrect forum please indicate where I should enter this line of questions?

I am wanting to see if there is currently any .cmd file that will allow importing XML. I am wanting to help out someone that is currently writing a conversion utility that will take DVDProfile catalog and convert to allow import into DVD database. Is there a format of the DVD database?

noocyte

Portal Member
    December 9, 2004
    Sandnes, Norway
    Couldn't you just write a small .Net util for this? It can load any XML and then write it back to a SQL db (SQL Server/oracle anyways), provided that the XML tags correspond with column/tables of course.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    noocyte said:
    Couldn't you just write a small .Net util for this? It can load any XML and then write it back to a SQL db (SQL Server/oracle anyways), provided that the XML tags correspond with column/tables of course.

If I was experienced in .Net development I would. I am a straight C developer and I need to get VS. Unfortunately with a wedding (my one and only daughter) development money has been placed on hold until after the wedding.

Mike

noocyte

Portal Member
    December 9, 2004
    Sandnes, Norway
    ahh, I see. However you don't really need VS.Net to develop in .Net, SharpDevelop will do. Not as easy as with VS.Net, but still doable.

Let me know if you need any pointers, be more than happy to lend a hand. I need to code more! :)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    noocyte said:
    ahh, I see. However you don't really need VS.Net to develop in .Net, SharpDevelop will do. Not as easy as with VS.Net, but still doable.

Let me know if you need any pointers, be more than happy to lend a hand. I need to code more! :)

Many thanks! I'll look into this and may take you up on your offer for help.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom