Can you go direct to IMDB screen after selecting movie???? (1 Viewer)

m.standish

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Wakefield
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Can you go straight to IMDB screen after selecting movie????

I would love to be able to bring up a list of my movies, select a movie and the next screen i see would be the imdb screen with plots and all. then play the movie from this screen. At the moment all i can see to do is menu on the film and then imdb, is it possible to skip this step?

Ive done a little bit of programming before so id be willing to try it that way but i wouldnt know where to start.

First post here, And i would like to say how MASSIVLEY impressed i am with all your work, Ive tried evrything but this bit of kit just simply does EVERYTHING! i am amazed how quickly this project its improving and expanding! I just hope it will always stay open source and dont sell out like myHTPC did to meedio!!!

Software suggestion: auto search music share to collect coverart instaed of manually folder by folder? maybe set a flag to say coverart installed y/n and then skip these files from search for speed?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

you have to map this action on your remote. In earlier releases this was on the yellow button, but the mapping was changed because of the language subtitle switch.

What remote do you have?

I did map it to the blue button on my Hauppauge remote.
    Configure->Remote->Hauppauge->mapping

Blue->No Condition (aspect ratio)
    Change this to "Fullscreen"

Blue->New (No Condition)
    Action: "Show Info"

This way switching to aspect ratio still works in fullscreen playback and you can access "Show Info" in the GUI.

HTH, Flip.

m.standish

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Wakefield
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    slight problem, im using a compro remote (my ati reciever just died) and ive had to use some other s/w HIP to program the remote to the keyboard shortcuts, i cant use the mapping section!

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

then map F3 to one of your buttons. :)

Hopefully this is allowd by your s/w HIP program....

HTH, Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom