[solved] Cannot play music after full MP reinstall from scratch (2 Viewers)

Hsenag

Portal Member
August 13, 2015
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hello to all
I have been using MP for many years and my system had become +/- unstable, it was time to refresh it.
So I uninstalled MP completely, deleted the directories and reinstalled, I redid my configuration and everything seems to be fine except that I can't listen to music anymore. I get the message "unable to play file" followed by the file name. My music library is on my NAS and I use its IP (fixed) to point to it. My series and movies are also on the NAS and I can use them without any problem so I guess the problem is not with their location or the network.
I can listen to my music using WMP but not via MediaPortal (so no problem with my hardware) and I can't find the solution.
I have reinstalled the LAV filters, tried to use all the player options and I'm starting to go in circles.
Would you have a clue please?
Wishing all of you a good health I thank you for reading me and even more if you answer me ;-)
Sincerely.
Hsenag
PS: please excuse my syntax, I am a native French speaker and I learned English on the road...

Hsenag

Portal Member
August 13, 2015
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Tks for your imput but this is, unfortunately, not the solution all extensions are correctly listed but I still can't listen to music, either FLAC or MP3. In order to double check if all my hardware are correctly installed I add the RadioTime plugin and I can listen to the radio so it's something only in the MP player options. I'm losing my mind here ...
Regards
Hsenag

Hsenag

Portal Member
August 13, 2015
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hello to all,
as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention, apparently my music database had a problem. So I deleted (rename) and recreated the database, as I have a lot of tracks in my collection (+/- 90000 songs) I hate do do this because it's very longer but finally, bingo I can listen to my music again.
Thanks to those who answered me and I note to myself "dont forget the log option" which is a must to find the source of a problem.
Sincerely
Hsenag

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

"Sometimes" when I am playing a playlist with the TV on I notice that the screen becomes frozen. The on screen playlist doesn't show the songs advancing through the list. i.e. the currently playing song doesn't match the name of the on screen song. MP still plays the playlist ok but the screen just stops showing the correct song...
"Sometimes" when I am playing a playlist with the TV on I notice that the screen becomes frozen. The on screen playlist doesn't...
"Sometimes" when I am playing a playlist with the TV on I notice that the screen becomes frozen. The on screen playlist doesn't...
Replies
Views
Greetings, I’m encountering frequent audio dropouts when watching Netflix through OnlineVideos and while playing music. I’m not encountering any problems with over-the-air tv. Netflix video is not affected, just audio. Music plays fine when played outside of MP through Windows Media Player. Netflix plays fine when played outside of...
Greetings, I’m encountering frequent audio dropouts when watching Netflix through OnlineVideos and while playing music. I’m not...
Greetings, I’m encountering frequent audio dropouts when watching Netflix through OnlineVideos and while playing music. I’m not...
Replies
Views
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
Replies
Views
Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
I've just upgraded the motherboard, CPU, ram, boot drives and PSU in my TV Server (always on), and am now having intermittent...
Replies
Views
Hi, I had the same issue, after resume it stops the first time and also lost the current position and restarts from beginning. The curious is, it happens also after switching to a newer hardware (yet a Intel NUC 8i3). Thanks to all here, this issue is also solved for me :):)
Hi, I had the same issue, after resume it stops the first time and also lost the current position and restarts from beginning. The...
I had to replace my MP1 PC. Old one worked successfully 1.23 with latest Slow Ring Windows Insider. Have WD 5TB USB 3.0 drive for...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom